Abide is a powerful word. John 15: 4 (AMP) says, “Dwell in Me and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in [being vitally united to] the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.” Abide means to remain, dwell, continue, endure, to not depart, to continue to be present, to be held, kept and vitally united to. What occurs when we abide?
“If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will and it shall be done for you.” (John 15: 7; AMP) (Becca Greenwood)1
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Identificationally repent where we have turned from the Lord and looked to the world, sinned and compromised.
- Ask the Lord to cause the Body of Christ to desire to be vitally united to and ever present with Him.
- Intercede that a cry for a radical and sustained holiness movement would arise in the Body of Christ and in our nation!
- Pray that this great awakening continues and does not end.
- Cry out that this awakening and hunger not be quenched and that we endure, be held in and not depart from Him.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, where we have turned from You and looked to the world, sinned and compromised, please forgive us. Cause the Body of Christ to desire to be vitally united to and ever present with You. Cause a cry for a radical and sustained holiness movement to arise in the Body of Christ and in our nation! Lord, we pray for this great awakening to continue and not end. May this awakening and hunger never be quenched and may we endure, be held in and not depart from You! In Jesus’ precious Name. Amen.
May the Body of Christ truly abide in Him!
1 Becca Greenwood is the co- founder of Christian Harvest Int’l and Strategic Prayer Action Network. She is a teacher called to minister across generations to see the Body of Christ come into their Kingdom identity and purpose. Becca resides in Colorado Springs with her husband, Greg. They have three daughters, Kendall, Rebecca and Katie. See Becca’s full bio at Christian Harvest International.