November 6, 2016
The Family Foundation
By 1619, after the rigors and subsequent loss of many lives in the early years of the Jamestown settlement, the leadership began recruiting women to become wives and start families in order to establish a permanent colony. They recognized that strong families are foundational to a successful society. These early families became a crucial foundation to the forming of first a permanent colony and ultimately into the establishment of these United States. Many descendants from these early families became patriots, fighters, and builders in the birthing of a nation with Kingdom foundations of Family, Church and Government at her core. (Jacquie Tyre)
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.” (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Repent for the sins of America arising from decisions and laws made at the government level, which are affecting our families, our children and our grandchildren.
- The first foundation God laid for humans on the earth was that of marriage. Family soon followed. Thank Him for your family, especially if your family was a strong and loving one.
- Not all families are strong with godly roots. Pray for your family members if yours was built on a cracked and broken foundation. Repent of iniquitous patterns and ask the Lord to reverse them in your family line. Intercede for other families, as well.
- Ask the Lord to give us government leaders in this election cycle that will act to reverse gay marriage, abortion and other laws that erode the family structure.
- Make declarations that God will give Divine and wise strategies to our new President, Legislators and Judges to make laws that support and benefit strong marriages and families.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we are thankful for the institutions of marriage and family. We thank You for families that are God-fearing and strong, being an example of You and Your love for us as the family of God. Grant them even more grace in these chaotic times. We intercede for families that are broken. Heal our wounded families, Lord. Heal the effects on our hearts from growing up in dysfunctional families. We forgive those in our families who have sinned against us. Turn things around for us, Father. We ask you for a President, Senators, Representatives and Judges that will guard marriage and pass laws that strengthen our nation’s families! We pray for legislation and court decisions that bless and protect our families and family structures as You designed them to be. In Jesus’ name, amen.
God and His angels will fight with us so that marriage and families will remain the covenant bedrock of our society in the United States of America!
You can learn more about Jacquie Tyre here.
September 20, 2019
September 19, 2019
September 18, 2019