March 19, 2017
Praying for Strong Families: Marriage
God knew the importance of not being alone as stated by Genesis 2:18, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” That helper is “called woman, for she was taken out of man.” Genesis 2: 23b. God knew that his creation would highly benefit from the institution of marriage and His purposes would be advanced through the strength that family is. The bedrock of a strong family is a healthy marriage, mother and father. Our culture today wants to also re-determine what marriage is. But we are responsible to God, not our culture nor our government. Many leaders want to protect God’s ways while others are constantly seeking to alter God’s design.” (Lisa Crump)1
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:24; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Ask God for wayward hearts and minds to turn to Him and His ways while He may be found. That divorce would begin a sharp decline.
- Pray for elected officials to stand strong in honor of God and not give in to fear of man in issues of marriage legislation.
- Intercede for the new administration to learn from grounded scientific research of healthy families contribution to well-being in society and use this to implement good laws protecting the institution of marriage.
- Pray for a tremendous increase of healthy marriages for examples and support. Seek that Christian counseling resources would be easily affordable and available.
- Ask the Lord to bring godly Christian couples to the forefront as a witness to our nation and to the church.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we are asking that You strengthen marriages in this nation. Holy matrimony is under attack and laws have been passed that alter Your design for marriage and family. We pray that government officials would pay attention to scientific research about the contributions healthy marriages and families bring to our society. We pray that those that know You and who govern us would fear You, and not the opinions of men. God, make a way for more biblically-based Christian marriage and family counseling to be available. Please help Christian families who are struggling not to revert to the world’s answers over Yours to correct their life situations. We must have You, Jesus! Amen.
We decree that God will strengthen marriages and ungodly legislation regarding this hallowed institution will be reversed in America.
Learn more about Lisa Crump and National Day of Prayer here.
February 21, 2018
February 20, 2018
February 19, 2018