May 14, 2018
Faith-Based Adoption Agencies
“Last week, the Kansas Legislature passed the Adoption Protection Act, making Kansas the ninth state to protect the right of faith-based adoption agencies to continue their good work. Kansas followed Oklahoma, which also passed a similar measure yesterday. You may be wondering why we need laws to protect faith-based adoption agencies. The reason is that radical Leftist activists want to see faith-based adoption agencies shut down across the country. They believe that agencies whose mission is to place children without a family in a loving home with a mother and a father is ‘discriminatory.’ They’d rather see these agencies forced to close down—resulting in less opportunities for children to find a forever family—than to let them continue to live out their faith in their adoption ministry.”1 Pray for these bills to be signed by their governors. If you live in one of these states, contact your Governor to ask them to sign the Act.
“[The Lord] defends the orphans and widows, but he blocks the way of the wicked.” (Psalm 146:9b,c; NCV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Pray for the governors of Kansas and Oklahoma to sign the Adoption Protection Acts into law. Call your governors, if you live in one of these states: Kansas and Oklahoma.
- Find out if your state has a similar law. Call your local state legislator’s office and ask. Learn how to contact your state and local officials.
- If not, ask the Lord to place it on Believers’ hearts in your state legislatures to pass a similar law protecting Christian adoption agencies.
- Pray for the children awaiting adoption to find placement in homes where they will be raised in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
- Pray for more Christian adoption agencies to be opened.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we rejoice with the citizens of Kansas and Oklahoma over the passing of their state’s Adoption Protection Acts. We ask that their governors will sign the bills into law. I commit to contact my state legislators and governor to let them know I will support a similar bill in my state. Place it on the heart of at least one legislator to develop a law like this for my state, if there is not one yet. You love these children who don’t yet have families to belong to. Jesus, stir the hearts of those Christians wanting a new little one to embrace those needing a forever home. Make a way for Believers who want to begin an adoption agency in their area to be able to do so. Provide the knowledge, staffing and finances to make their visions a reality. In Jesus’ name, amen.
I decree that Adoption Protection Acts will sweep across our 50 states!
1 Learn more about Allan Parker and The Moral Outcry here.