June 7, 2018
Another Victory for Religious Freedom!
“A federal district court is blocking the federal government from enforcing the Obama abortion-pill mandate against Christian colleges in Indiana and California. ‘After reconsideration of their position, defendants with the federal government now agree that enforcement of the rules regarding the contraceptive mandate against employers with sincerely held religious objections would violate the RFRA (Religious Freedom Restoration Act) …’ the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, South Bend Division, wrote in its order in Grace Schools v. Azar. The Obama-era mandate forces employers, regardless of their religious or moral convictions, to provide abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception through their health plans under threat of heavy penalties. The Department of Justice, under the Trump administration, abandoned its defense of the flawed mandate… ‘Monday’s order fully affirms that freedom and provides permanent protection from the mandate,’ said ADF Senior Counsel Gregory S. Baylor. ‘These schools no longer have to fear being forced to pay fines for simply abiding by the Christian beliefs they teach and espouse…’ Another federal district court issued a similar order last month for four Christian universities in Oklahoma.”1
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Our courts are turning! Rejoice and thank the Lord!
- Notice that the federal government defendants reversed their own position! Thank the Lord that He is turning hearts toward righteousness in our government.
- Thank the Lord that our government is choosing Life! Ask God for His blessing on our nation, as a result.
- Pray for Christian colleges, churches, businesses, and agencies to become aware of this decision, so they can renegotiate the terms of their health insurance options and make sure they are not inadvertently still funding abortion through their premiums.
- Ask God to restore all funds lost to these schools from having to pursue this in court for years.
A prayer you can pray:
Wow, God! Persistence of these colleges has paid off, and even the federal government is now acknowledging that they cannot force Christian organizations to provide abortion options through the mandatory insurance they must provide their staff. God, bless America, as our government chooses life! Thank you that these schools pursued this until the government saw its error and decided “schools should no longer have to fear being forced to pay fines for simply abiding by the Christian beliefs they teach and espouse.” Restore the funds they lost as they fought for their religious freedom, which now affects us all. In fact, other Christian ministries and churches and schools should give them an offering for spearheading this cause for Christ! In the glorious name of Jesus, amen.
The government is having a change of heart and religious freedom is being restored to America!
1 Warren, Steve, “Federal Court Orders End of Abortion Pill Mandate at These Christian Colleges”. cbnnews.com, 6/6/18. Accessed 6/6/18.
December 10, 2018
December 09, 2018
December 08, 2018