August 4, 2018
Little Known Facts About Harvard University
Of the first 108 universities founded in America, 106 were distinctly Christian, including the first—Harvard University. In the original Harvard school handbook, rule number one was, “Students seeking entrance must know Latin and Greek, so they can study the scriptures.” (*) A quote from the handbook says, “Let every student be plainly instructed and earnestly pressed to consider well the main end of his life and studies is to know God and Jesus Christ, which is eternal life.” (*) The founders of Harvard believed that “all knowledge without Christ was vain.” (*) The word “Veritas” on the college seal means “Divine Truth” (*). The motto of Harvard was officially, “For Christ and the Church.” (*)
“You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32; GWT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Call back our earliest universities to the root they were founded on – to know Christ and His Word.
- Call Harvard back to knowing again “Divine Truth” found in Christ alone.
- Decree over Harvard University, “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free!” (John 8:32; GWT)
- Let all knowledge without Christ be vain and ask God to make the students hunger and thirst after Jesus!
- Declare that Harvard will once again be a school that turns out men and women into arenas of influence who know Christ and will make Him known.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we call our nation’s earliest universities and colleges back to their roots. They were founded on the principle that the Word of God was to be the basis of all they would be educated to do in life. That is the very best foundation they could have—the Bible. Return Harvard, specifically, back to knowing Divine Truth, which is found only in Christ. Harvard University, “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free!” (John 8:32; GWT) may the students there that know You be on fire for You, drawing others to hunger and thirst after You, Jesus. Impact every sphere of society with Harvard graduates that have once again come to know Jesus Christ and Your Word. Amen.
Harvard University and all Ivy Leagues will experience a sweeping revival and growing hunger of the students to know the Word of God and the God of the Word!
* Quote from “America’s God and Country.” Learn more here.
August 21, 2018
August 20, 2018
August 19, 2018