September 11, 2018
Patriot Day, 9/11/18
9/11. Forever, we will remember! This is a day that America can never forget! The psyche of this nation was altered when terrorists flew two planes into the World Trade Center’s tallest buildings, into the Pentagon, and into a field outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Every year, my thoughts go to the family members and close friends of those that were maimed and those that died. Over 6000 were seriously injured. Many were left with permanent scars, both physically and mentally. Some died as heroes. Some died as innocent victims. The terrorists died deceived. So many stories. So much emotion. The world may seem like a much less safe place since that day, but we will keep our eyes fixed on the Lord as our Protector and Defender. We will finish the work He has given us to do, and we will make His name known across this land.
“Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- If you are reading this before 8:46 A. M. EDT, join the nation in observing a moment of silence, remembering the 2,996 people lost in the multiple attacks.
- Pray for those who are still struggling physically or emotionally as a result of wounds received that day.
- Intercede for the thousands of individuals, families, and friends of those that were wounded or died on 9/11. Ask God to continue to reveal His love and grace to them. Pray for their salvation. The enemy would seek to have them push God away, but stand in the gap for them to see and know Jesus’ love.
- Intercede that the families of the terrorists involved would find salvation and comfort in Jesus Christ, if they have not already.
- Call for faith in Jesus Christ to rise up in His people and push all fear off this nation. Fear is the enemy’s tactic to stop us in our tracks. Those who know His love will not fear, but will expand His Kingdom across America.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we humble ourselves in prayer today and remember so many lives lost and forever changed on September 11, 2001. It was so long ago, but it seems like yesterday. It was one of those days that becomes etched in our hearts and minds. We remember the exact circumstances of that long day. We remember the fear and the questions and the losses. We intercede for those who were hurt or lost loved ones and are still struggling. Please let them know how much You care about them. May they know Jesus—the healer of their hearts and minds. May they know the depth of Your love and care for them. Holy Spirit, draw the perpetrators’ loved ones to the cross, as well, for You are no respecter of persons. They need Jesus, too, and were brought to our minds for intercession because of that infamous day. Our nation feels less safe than it did before 9/11. However, Your perfect love casts out all fear. Send revival to America. Break the power of the enemy to lay a blanket of fear across this nation! We have a harvest to bring in! In Jesus loving name, amen.
With our eyes fixed on Christ, we say there will never be another 9/11 in America!
November 15, 2018
November 14, 2018
November 13, 2018