September 29, 2018
Give Him 15 is joining a 40-day national call to prayer before the 2018 Midterm Elections. Here is today’s Focus:
Day 2 – Repentance: The Key to Revival
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 2:14; NKJV)
As we seek the face of God to restore and renew our people and to prepare for the upcoming elections, He leaves clear instructions to achieve this goal. Those directions are listed in 2 Chronicles 7:14.
“If My people”: “If” indicates that this is conditional and depends upon our response.
“Who are called by My name”: God is not calling the nation to repent, only His people.
“Will humble themselves”: We must yield our pride and our stony hearts, so God can do His healing work in us.
“And pray”: YES! Pray!
“And seek My face”: Seek Him, not the ways of the world. He then reveals our sin to us, that we might be rid of this obstacle and draw closer unto Him.
“And turn from their wicked ways”: We turn around and go in the direction He shows us (for example, from stubbornness to yieldedness).
“Then I will hear from heaven”: Hallelujah! Yes, Lord!
“And will forgive their sin”: Only God can do this for us.
“And heal their land.”: When each one of us, His living stones in this nation, obeys this command, then the healing of the land will come as the “jigsaw pieces” of our hearts are joined. Amen.
Points for Prayer:
- Father, help me to allow You to look deep within my heart, that I might repent of any hidden sin. “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139:23-24)
- Lord God, help me to overcome any fear I might have of coming to You. Help me, instead, to trust You in all my ways and in all my days. “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)
- Lord God, help me to be quick to recognize the sinful ways that You show me and to find the strength to stop, take stock, and turn back to You. “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- Lord God, help me to rejoice that You are hearing my prayer! “Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attend unto the prayer that is made in this place.” (2 Chronicles 7:15)
- Finally, Father God, help me to remember that You are always there for me. “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” (Hebrews 13:5)
By Sara Ballenger
Founder, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
April 19, 2019
April 18, 2019
April 17, 2019