October 11, 2018
Give Him 15 is joining a 40-day national call to prayer before the 2018 Midterm Elections. Here is today’s Focus:
Day 14 – Challenges Facing the Current Administration
“Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” (Romans 13:1; NIV)
The United States of America is in a unique situation. The economy is booming. We have one of the lowest unemployment rates the nation has ever seen and a steady growth rate. The economy is a highlight among other challenges the Trump administration faces. Let’s look together at a few areas that need our intercession.
Immigration reform is toward the top of the list. Immigration is far more spiritual than it will ever be political. We are and will always be a nation of immigrants. Our forefathers themselves understood that for a nation to grow, it must have at its core a compassionate immigration policy. Scripture is clear that we must treat the foreigner amongst us with compassion, and as the verse says, “…love them as yourself….” This mandate of immigrant compassion must be the driving force of our national policy.
Intelligence was critical in the days of Moses and remains so today for all military operations. Just as Moses sent out spies to perform reconnaissance of the land of Canaan, today’s military must have robust intelligence capabilities that alert them to danger and give them an understanding of the enemy’s intent, power, ability, and tactics. Currently, the Intelligence Community appears to be compromised, as many damaging leaks are coming out from the various intelligence entities, thereby compromising national security and endangering the lives of those in the US Military.
The future of this nation sits in the classroom today. It is up to us to pray for those who have the authority to speak and spend, instruct and invest in education. You need to know who the decision makers are nationally, in your state, and especially in your school district. Get to know them, learn about their lives and background. Know what their vision is for education and the future of our students. Pray for them and attend meetings where you can respectfully voice wisdom and encouragement.
Points for Prayer:
- Pray that our President and those involved understand the heart of God when it comes to immigration and the biblical mandate in regard to the sojourner.
- Pray that President Trump and his administration will be the Administration to overhaul our broken immigration system, repair it, and pass fair and compassionate immigration legislation that will set our nation on course as a successful, thriving, God-honoring nation.
- Pray for leadership in the intelligence agencies that focus first on supporting the needs of our troops. Leaders who will throw political correctness aside are needed to provide our troops what they need to fight and win wars.
- Pray that our enemies will be revealed and that every planned attack will be exposed; that no enemy secrets will be hidden from our intelligence activities.
- Pray for Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, and the Department of Education, that they would make wise decisions with the students’ best interest at the center of every decision. Pray that politics and ungodly agendas would be kept out of the classroom and boardrooms, that every student would have an opportunity to learn, be prepared and be equipped for a lifetime of success.
- Intercede for any other national issues facing this Administration, which Holy Spirit lays on your heart.
Founder, Hispanic Action Network
Founder, Asian Action Network
General Jerry Boykin
Family Research Council
LOVE2020 National Coordinator