February 8, 2019
May America Choose to Protect Life
One of the most important items for the Church was to hear how President Trump would address the issue of Life in the 2019 State of the Union Address. In the last couple of weeks, there has been some horrendous pro-abortion legislation at the state level. We have seen laws passed expanding abortion in New York up to the moment of birth, and proposed legislation in Virginia threatens to take it further! We have heard of other states looking to follow their examples. Here is what President Trump had to say about that:
“There could be no greater contrast to the beautiful image of a mother holding her infant child than the chilling displays our nation saw in recent days. Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments from birth. These are living, feeling, beautiful babies who will never get the chance to share their love and their dreams with the world. And then, we had the case of the Governor of Virginia where he stated he would execute a baby after birth. To defend the dignity of every person, I am asking Congress to pass legislation to prohibit the late-term abortion of children who can feel pain in the mother’s womb. Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth: All children — born and unborn — are made in the holy image of God.”
“So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27; NKJV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Intercede for the ending of abortion in America. Roe v Wade should not just be overturned, but abortion should become unthinkable. God must change the hearts and minds of people for this to become the case.
- If you live in New York, keep making your views on the new abortion laws known. You can write Governor Andrew Cuomo here.
- If you live in Virginia, contact Gov. Ralph Northam here, and your state representative here. Make it very clear where you stand on the issue of abortion. Ask that a pain-capable law be passed at a very minimum!
- Find out where your state stands on abortion. What are the laws. What legislation is being considered currently? What will it take to choose Life in your state. Pray and act on these things. Say, “My state will choose Life!”
- Contact your U.S. Senator and ask them to pass the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. It passed the U. S. House in 2013, 2015 and in 2017, but has yet to pass through the Senate.
A prayer you can pray:
God, our nation is in desperate need of a heart and mind change! This is something only You can do. Only You can move en masse to cause this nation and our 50 states to choose Life. You gave us the wonderful ability to choose, but we don’t want to live in a state that invites a culture of death. We don’t want to live in an America where death is celebrated. We, Your Church, choose Life. We choose life for our state. We will pray and act and do our part to see Roe v Wade and other abortion laws rolled back. Show us how to make our voices heard. We each will say, “My state will choose Life!” We will research our state laws and write our representatives at the state level, making pleas for Life. We will pray for and contact our U. S. Senators and ask them to pass the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which the House has already passed three times! Grant us life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, Lord. In Jesus’ name, we ask, amen.
We choose Life for the United States of America!
Read the entire 2019 State of the Union Address here.
July 16, 2019
July 15, 2019
July 14, 2019