April 22, 2019
A New Redemptive Cycle
Jesus redeemed us through His death and resurrection. A whole new cycle began on planet earth the weekend He died on that cross for our sin and rose again, conquering death, hell and the grave. We know this, but we should never take it for granted! Don’t let those profound days that split history into two parts ever become rote religion to you. Celebrate the holidays, as Passover or the days of Crucifixion and Resurrection, but don’t ever let them become simply well-loved holidays. They are holy days. They are the reason we can intimately know Him, worship Him, make Him known. They are the days our faith is founded on, our hope springs from, and our lives are reborn from. I’m telling you this, because I believe we have shifted into a new redemptive season. As we pressed through, with Betty Love’s help and together with others across the nation, we have obtained a new window of opportunity. We asked for righteousness to flood our nation for 70 days. I believe it is. During those days, we have seen the movie, Unplanned, released, It has fired up the Church to end abortion in the nation. It shocked the secular media who shut down most advertising for it. Millions went to see it anyway. God at work. We have seen a war in the legislation being presented in many states and in our halls of Congress. Extreme sides presented, as we realize that is what it is going to take to win. And, we must win! A new Justice Movement is rising—a holy, righteous movement, led by a united Church. We are going to take things like abortion, racial division, sexual confusion, immorality, trafficking, addiction, care for the poor, and many other things, out of the hands of those who don’t know God, and we’re going to solve them as the Church.
“If God is for us, who can be against us? Indeed, he who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, freely give us all things? Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is the one who will condemn? Christ is the one who died (and more than that, he was raised), who is at the right hand of God, and who also is interceding for us.” (Romans 8:31-34; NET)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- If you were too busy over the last few days to do so, stop and meditate on the most important days for a Christian—the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.
- The work of the cross was for all men and women, not just the currently saved. Let the Lord show you the condition of the enslaved. Ask for His heart of compassion. Intercede for the lost.
- Declare Romans 8:31-34. Realize that this is about the Church expanding Christ’s Kingdom on earth, not simply about personally overcoming sin.
- Thank God for the movie, Unplanned. Declare that more movies like this will be released. This is Abby Johnson’s testimony, and it is changing lives. Pray that other Christians’ testimonies become public in the areas of abortion, human trafficking, racial reconciliation, etc.
- Pray for answers to one of the issues mentioned above that is the most pressing in your community. Is it abortion, racial division, sexual confusion, immorality, trafficking, addiction, care for the poor, or something else? Intercede for the affected people group and for those working on this social problem. Command righteousness and the light and love of Jesus to permeate the environment where this situation is.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, what painful, marvelous, magnificent, days they must have been, when Jesus died for our sin and rose in victory! The earth shook and the veil of the Temple was rent in two, as outward signs that the work of Christ was done. History was being split in two. The darkness, depravity, hopelessness, and reliance on the Law would never be necessary again. Jesus had come. Jesus had done His work in the earth. Now, men could be reconciled to God. Oh, let that truth sink deep in us! It’s not just for us alone, though we are so grateful! Let us look up and all around and realize that those who are struggling in sin are trapped by Satan. They need this revelation! God, let Your love and righteousness flow through the Church and change everything! Give us grace and boldness to move with You in Your plan. If You are for us, who can be against us? Indeed, You did not spare Your own Son, but gave Jesus up for us all. Will You not also freely give us all things? Who will bring any charge against us, God’s elect? It is You who justifies. Who is the one who will condemn? Christ is the one who died (and more than that, he was raised), who is at the right hand of God, and who also is interceding for us. What have we to fear?! Fill us with Your righteousness and love. Give us the answers to abortion, racial division, sexual confusion, immorality, trafficking, addiction, care for the poor, and any other thing the enemy is doing that is keeping people from knowing Jesus. We have spent 70 days contending for righteousness in America, Jesus. Now, grace us to walk in it and change our nation. Amen.
Let God’s Justice Movement arise in America!
September 20, 2019
September 19, 2019
September 18, 2019