July 14, 2019
The Brave, the Strong, the Proud, the Free
“In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified army out of the revolutionary forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, Commander-in-Chief.
“The Continental Army suffered the bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware, and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.
“At Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their Star Spangled Banner waved defiant.
“At Shiloh, Antietam, and Gettysburg, our soldiers gave the last full measure of devotion for the true unity of our nation and the freedom of all Americans.
“In the trenches of World War One, an Army Sergeant named Alvin York faced an inferno of enemy fire and refused to retreat. He said, ‘I won’t leave. I won’t stop.’ He shot his rifle 18 times, killing 18 of the enemy. When they fixed bayonets and charged, he killed seven more. The entire German machine gun battalion surrendered because of one man, Alvin York.
“A generation later, the Army returned to Europe, and embarked upon a great crusade. With knives and rifles in hand, the Rangers scaled the cliffs of Normandy. The 101st Airborne leapt into the danger from above, illuminated only by enemy flares, explosions, and burning aircraft. They threw back the Nazi empire with lightning of their own, from the turrets of Sherman tanks and the barrels of the M1 rifle.
“Outnumbered, American warriors fought through the bunkers of Pork Chop Hill and held the line of civilization in Korea.
“In the elephant grass of Vietnam, the First Cavalry made its stand amid a forest consumed in flame, with enemies at every single turn.
“The Army brought America’s righteous fury down to Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and cleared the bloodthirsty killers from their caves.
“They liberated Fallujah and Mosul, and helped liberate and obliterate the ISIS caliphate, just recently, in Syria. One hundred percent gone.
“Through the centuries, our soldiers have always pointed towards home, proclaiming, ‘This We’ll Defend.’
“The future belongs to the brave, the strong, the proud, and the free. We are one people, chasing one dream, and one magnificent destiny. We all share the same heroes, the same home, the same heart, and we are all made by the same Almighty God.” (President Donald J Trump; Salute to America)
“When you go out to battle against your enemies and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt, is with you. When you are approaching the battle, the priest shall come near and speak to the people. He shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Israel, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’” (Deuteronomy 20:1-4; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Before you go on, declare this over yourself, then over the Body of Christ, “Hear, oh Church, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.”
- The United States is fighting or facing a number of potential battles. Some are with other nations, some are moral, and some are internal governmental power struggles. Ask the Lord to target your prayers to at least one of them. (We have given you some to consider below.)
- Start by saying, “This, we will defend! Show us how to intercede, Lord. This battle belongs to You!”
- Physical battles: Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and others (click here for a current map.)
- Where the enemy is threatening: Iran and North Korea.
- Moral battles: abortion and the fight for Life, gender identity, racial division, other human sexuality/purity, drugs and the opiod epidemic, and pornography and sex-trafficking.
- Political and governmental division and in-fighting, including hatred of President Trump, the crisis at the U.S. southern border, economics and the rise of socialism.
A prayer you can pray:
God, I declare, “Hear, oh Church, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.” (Choose a topic from the list above. Let Holy Spirit touch your heart for at least one of these matters. Do research, if need be, so you are praying with insight and current information. Before you intercede, say, “This, I will defend! Show me how to intercede, Lord. This battle belongs to You!”)
“The Lord is fighting our nation’s battles. He will save America!”
October 15, 2019
October 14, 2019
October 13, 2019