August 1, 2019
The Power of Our Tears
“The Lord woke me up this morning with the word ‘tears’.
“I sat up in bed and He showed me a very vivid picture of a woman that was on her knees weeping and seemed to be in travail over the church in America. She was crying out much like we hear about when we read the prophet Jeremiah. When I walked around to the front of this woman, I noticed that her tears where beautiful and pure and I could almost feel the Lord’s delight in them. She was frantically digging in the soil in front of her. I was in shock when I noticed that as her tears fell to the ground they literally turned into seeds that begin to take root immediately. The Lord reminded me of Psalms 126:5-6 where it says, ‘Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy! He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.’
“As I’m having this vision, I sat back and said, ‘Lord what does this mean,’ because my mind began to race with excitement and ideas. I heard the Holy Spirit with a soft voice say ‘I still believe in my bride. I still believe in her beauty.’ I sat there and began to weep, myself, as I thought about all the intercessors that I have known that spend hours a day in prayer over the church in America. The Father still believes in His church. The seeds of the tears of the saints are beginning to take root.
“When you study tears, you find there are three main scientific discoveries about them:
- When a person cries, toxins that are in the body begin to be pushed out.
- The body releases its own immune boost and cells that are sick begin to receive healing and not just in the eyes (one part of the body), but as a whole.
- Last but not least, there have been recorded accounts of dead cells becoming alive again.
“What does this mean for the church?
- As we weep again, toxins (sin) is being pushed out.
- Healing begins to happen in the entire body.
- Dead cells become alive again. (Harvest.) Sound familiar?
“‘If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.’ (2 Chronicles 7:14; NASB)
“I believe that we are about to see a release of what I can only refer to as the ministry of tears in the body again. That will lead us into one of the greatest harvests we have ever seen. Beloved, not just a harvest of the lost, but an awakening in the church again. This is not just an encouraging vision, but a call to action. A call to once again pray, fast, and weep. A call to walk in a lifestyle of holiness, mission, and identity.” (Russell Wood)
“Blow the trumpet in Zion; consecrate a fast; call a solemn assembly; gather the people. Consecrate the congregation; assemble the elders; gather the children,even nursing infants. Let the bridegroom leave his room, and the bride her chamber. Between the vestibule and the altar let the priests, the ministers of the Lord, weep and say, ‘Spare your people, O Lord.’” (Joel 2:15-17a; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Very slowly and carefully, pray the well-known verse, 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.’”
- Ask the Lord for a move of holiness, mission, and identity to sweep over the Body of Christ.
- Call for the Bride of Christ to come to the altar of the Lord and weep for the nation. Call for the wailing women. Call for everyone to come – the old, the children, the newlyweds, the parents, the middle-aged, every color, every language, every denomination. We need them all!
- Bless the beautiful tears. Bless the beautiful ones led to cry them. Close your eyes and see the tears fall to the ground as seeds, then burst forth from the ground as harvest!
- Praise God for the Harvest! It is coming!
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we intercede as Your people who are called by Your name. We choose to humble ourselves, and pray and seek Your face. Lord, we choose to turn from our wicked ways. Forgive us our sin. You promise to then hear us from Your vantage point in heaven, to forgive our sin and heal our land. We call for the beautiful Bride of Christ to come to Your altar and weep for America. You love Your Bride, Jesus. Who are we to ever criticize her or attempt to hold her back from her intercession and work of Kingdom expansion? Yet, we do it all the time. So, we repent and call for every Believer to come and pray. We call for the old, the children, the newlyweds, the parents, the middle-aged; every color, every language, every denomination. May we now put our faces to the ground and cry out together for our future; together for the harvest; together for Your Kingdom to come and Will to be done in this nation. Bless the Bride’s beautiful tears. Let them fall as seeds into the ground of this country. Cause them to grow quickly into a great harvest of Awakening – so great we cannot even comprehend it. Let it break our baskets and nets, Holy Spirit. Let Holiness and Harvest overtake us! May our tearful intercession have great reward in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Let the Bride of Christ gather and weep and cry out together over this land, “Spare Your people, Lord!”
Learn more about Russell Wood here.
November 17, 2019
November 13, 2019
August 20, 2019