August 20, 2019
The Next Generation Will Go Further – In Intimacy With Him
The re-taking of Hebron prepared the way for the next generation to accomplish its destiny. After he conquered this city, Caleb went to the city next door, Kiriath Sepher. He said to those with him, “I showed you how to do it. Now, who’s going to go take that city?” His nephew, Othniel, said, “I’ll do it.” The spirit of Caleb had gotten onto Othniel. He basically said, “If Uncle Caleb can do it…” He must have realized that it wasn’t about Caleb. He knew it wasn’t about the size of the giant or the stronghold, or the underworld. It was all about how strong his faith was. And, Caleb’s faith was not in himself. He had the Spirit of faith with him. His faith was not in his own ability. So, that Spirit of faith jumped on Othniel.
Othniel conquered his city and he renamed his city, also. He named his city “Debir”. Debir is another name for the Holy of Holies. Debir comes from the root word “dabar”, which means “word” or “Oracle”. Since the Holy of Holies is the place from which God spoke, the Hebrews called the Holy of Holies, “the Oracle of the House”. In Hebrew it would be, “the debir of the House”. In other words, “That’s the place from which God talks.” The word “Word” in “the Word of the Lord” is the word “dabar”. It was almost as if Othniel was saying, “Uncle Caleb, if you can have intimacy with Him, and you can rename the city ‘friendship’, my generation can go even farther. We can live in the innermost sanctuary of the Lord.”
Othniel represents the Word of the Lord being re-established. The result is intimacy with God.
“Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- In light of the article above, meditate on today’s scripture: “Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16; NASB)
- Also, carefully consider Romans 10:8, “But what does it say? ‘The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart;’ that is, the word of faith, which we preach.” (WEB)
- Talk to the Lord about giving you greater revelation on being the temple of the Holy Spirit. The Living Word of God dwells in you, that temple. How can you not experience a new level of intimacy with the One you Who is indwelling you?
- Worship Him.
- Ask for an increase of faith from the generation that has gone before you.
- Intercede for the generation behind you. Pray they will have an even deeper level of intimacy than you do.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we are going to see deliverance come to this generation. We are going to see cities rebuilt, even inner cities rebuilt. We’ll see families restored. We will see a generation arise that are empowered with the spirit of Caleb and Othniel. We are going to see transformation. We are going to see awakening and reformation. We are going to understand that we are the temple of the Living God, the Holy God, the one true God, the one and only God. God, the Holy Spirit, You indwell us. We should look different and act different than the world around us, not in some strange, religious way, but because of Your Presence with us. Give us a fresh passion for Your Word. Fill us with Your Word and teach us. Let it transform our hearts, our lives, and everything we do and speak into. Let faith speak from us. Let hope be expressed through us. Let revelation of You change us and draw others to You in us. Let the next generation watch us and want what we have. We don’t want them repelled by our religiosity, but compelled by our intimacy with You in Jesus Name. Amen.
Let Your Words in my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, draw the next generation to You, Lord, my strength, and my redeemer!
August 01, 2019
July 06, 2019
June 08, 2019