August 3, 2019
Revivals Spring From His Presence
You can trace the Jesus Movement back to Berkeley, CA, to a man named Hubert Lindsey. They called him, “Holy Hubert.” That was his nickname on the UC Berkeley campus. At first, it was a mocking nickname. He would preach on the campus at Berkeley and the fire of the Holy Ghost fell on that campus. Kids started getting saved by the hundreds. Ministries were birthed out of that. He used to pray all night before he started preaching on the campus. He and his wife would walk the streets on the campus at Berkeley and pray and weep all night, saying, “God, give me this generation!” The Presence came. You know as well as I do that you can’t go to a college campus and start preaching to kids, and then start a movement just because you are there preaching. But when the Presence comes, when the hovering begins, then things begin to change. Why do you think soldiers and Pharisees and thousands of people walked for days to go hear John the Baptist? He was a weird guy preaching on the banks of the Jordan River, saying, “Repent, you bunch of sinners!” Then, he would baptize them in the water. Before the hovering came, those Pharisees and soldiers and all the rest didn’t care about God. However, John had an anointing from the Holy Spirit. The Presence of God came to that river bank.
“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel’s will save it.” (Mark 8:34-35; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Holy Hubert could be any one of us. If his story above ignited something in you wanting to be used of the Lord like that, tell Him so.
- Where is the field the Lord would have you praying over? Is it a college or other school? Is it a neighborhood or an apartment complex. Is it an office building or public place? Let Him show you.
- Intercede for that place God shows you to pray over. Let Him give you the scriptures, words, and strategy. Tell Him you will leave the results to him. You may have an infant in a stroller. Prayer walk. You may have little children. Take them with you and teach them to pray. Don’t let anything hinder you from fulfilling God’s call to intercede for great outpourings. Find a way to do what He asks you to do.
- Cry out for the hovering Presence of God in that place. Cry out for the harvest of souls and transforming of lives.
- Ask God to raise up a whole generation of Holy Huberts, crying out for God’s Presence and the salvation of another generation.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, reading this story about Holy Hubert has stirred something in us. We long to see a generation come to you. The dark has gotten very dark and the light seems almost put out. How did this happen in such a short time? We must have Your holy Presence! We must have Your Presence fall on our churches, our campuses, our cities. We must have Your Presence in our businesses, our sporting events, and our government offices. We must have You, Jesus! Give us this generation! Show us where to go to pray and cry out for You until You show up! Holy Spirit, let us go into our communities and say, “You are welcome in this place.” Show us how to do this with all the normal stuff of life we have going on each day. Give us creative and Divine strategies. Grace us to fast and pray and even include our children in this. We cannot make You come, but we are going to fervently ask You to. We believe this is something You are leading us to do. Save the lost! Save this generation! Save them and transform them and build Your Church quickly. Raise up and send out a whole generation of Holy Huberts, Lord Jesus. Amen.
God, give us this generation!
December 14, 2019
December 13, 2019
December 12, 2019