September 29, 2019
Religious Freedom in the Marketplace
“The United States is forming a coalition of U.S. businesses for the protection of religious freedom. This is the first time this has been done. This initiative will encourage the private sector to protect people of all faiths in the workplace. And the private sector has brilliant leadership. And that’s why some of the people in this room are among the most successful men and women on Earth. They know how things get done and they know how to take care of things.
“Too often, people in positions of power preach diversity while silencing, shunning, or censoring the faithful. True tolerance means respecting the right of all people to express their deeply held religious beliefs.
“Before I conclude, I want to once again thank all of the survivors in the room for their courage and resilience. You’re an inspiration to the world. You remind us that no force on Earth is stronger than the faith of religious believers. The United States of America will forever remain at your side and the side of all who seek religious freedom.
“Today, I ask all nations to join us in this urgent moral duty. We ask the governments of the world to honor the eternal right of every person to follow their conscience, live by their faith, and give glory to God. The United States has a vital role in this critical mission.” (President Donald Trump)
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16; NKJV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Intercede for businesses, educational institutions, and other marketplace venues to stop persecuting people of faith in any regard.
- Pray for Christian business owners to see hard and faithful workers who are non-believers of any faith as those God sends to them for love and care.
- Say, “We will not fear the unbeliever. We will treat every person that God sends to us as someone created by God and loved by God who needs to know Jesus.”
- Ask the Lord to let our President’s words stay with those leaders that heard them at the United Nations. Let them seriously consider these things and institute them and live by them.
- Religious freedom does not mean we cannot share our faith with the unsaved. Quite the opposite. We should have the freedom to do so without fear. Pray for the lost today in your workplace and other secular arenas you go to daily, such as schools, clubs, shops, etc.
A prayer you can pray:
God, we stand in the gap for those who are persecuted in the marketplace today. There have been individuals who have been treated poorly, denied raises and promotions, mocked and physically harmed, because of their faith. This must stop. Let we, Your Church, lead the way in loving and respecting others, regardless of their faith. If we do so, we might show them the love of Christ and win them to Jesus. Let us do this as business owners and co-workers, students, teachers, and administrators, shopkeepers and supervisors. We have no excuse to hurt people who don’t yet know you. Also, we don’t want to be persecuted by those who aren’t Yours. Mutual respect will provide an environment for the Holy Spirit to move through us to love others. Open their hearts to the Gospel, sweet Spirit of God. We will not fear the unbeliever. We will treat every person that You send to us as someone created by You loved by You; one who needs to know Jesus.
May President Trump’s anointed plea at the United Nations hound the leaders of nations who heard it, especially those from countries that are seriously intolerant of other than a primary religious group. Set the captives in those nations free, Jesus. Open up the nations to Your Gospel. Make us more aware daily of the need to love and minister to others wherever we find them for as long as we are able. (Pray for the lost today in your workplace and other secular arenas you go to daily, such as schools, clubs, shops, etc.) Thank You, Jesus. Amen.
We will proclaim God’s love for the world and plan of salvation in our jobs, our schools, and every other marketplace role we may be called to!
Excerpted from “Remarks by President Trump at the United Nations Event on Religious Freedom | New York, NY”, 09/23/2019.