October 10, 2019
Going Through God’s Doors – A Door of Opportunity
In 1 Corinthians 16, the Apostle Paul says he’ll remain in Ephesus for a while, because “a wide door for effective service has opened to me.” I believe God is about to open some real critical doors of opportunity for some of us. Doors of opportunity are opening.
I think some shifts are coming in the economy where some people who move in that realm and understand it are going to double their net worth. A number of years ago, Chuck Pierce talked about the economy doing some things. He spoke a certain month and said to watch for this and that. Peter Wagner was there and heard the prophecy. He talked to Chuck about it and made sure he understood it clearly. When that month hit, Peter moved his investments. In 2 months, he saved the equivalent of 2 years of his retirement salary. That’s no small thing. At that same time, lots of people lost tens of thousands of dollars. Some lost millions of dollars. But, somebody was listening to the prophet and wasn’t affected. If you look at that as an offsetting of what was lost by others, even those that had no losses came out ahead.
So, what’s going to open for you? I don’t know. It could be something in business. Maybe it’s a new ministry opportunity. It could be regarding a relationship. Is it something you have dreamed about that God is about to move you toward? There is a door opening. Be ready!
There are also doors of opportunity opening for America. You know how I know this? By the amount of warfare that has picked up nationally. Notice that Paul mentions many adversaries right along with his mention of the newly opened door of opportunity. Watch for the national doors, as well as the personal ones.
“But I will remain in Ephesus until Pentecost; for a wide door for effective service has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.” (1 Corinthians 16:8-9; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Doors of opportunity are doors of service. They may be doors to serve the Lord or doors to serve others. They are often life-changing doors, even doors that determine future direction. Call for the doors of opportunity to clearly form!
- Intercede for the Body of Christ. Many have grown discouraged and tired. Pray that they lift up their eyes and see with faith the doors of opportunity God is opening to them in this new season. Pray they have the strength to go through their new doors.
- Can you see the doors of opportunity God may be opening for you? Press into the Lord in that place of intimacy until He can help you see your next door. Just like Peter Wagner did, wait for Him clarify the situation and show you how exactly how to walk through that door. Then, do not hesitate, but go!
- Declare over the chaos the nation is in, “Doors of opportunity for America, form now! Lord, save our President! God, show the world that Your hand of blessing is on this nation!”
- Tell the enemy to get out of the doorway, God’s purposes are coming through!
A prayer you can pray:
Father, You are a door-forming God. You form doors of opportunity for us at strategic times in strategic seasons, just like You did for the Apostle Paul in the Bible. He saw his next door of opportunity opening. It was a clear door of service. It was his next assignment. Lead us just like that today. We want to see our doors of opportunity just that clearly, We want to recognize the door even by the adversary sitting on the doorstep. We don’t want to be afraid to war to get through the door. You will make us victorious over that enemy if You have called us to go through that door it’s blocking. Lord, lift Your Ekklesia out of the place of weariness and despair many have come to in the last season. The enemy has surely been trying to wear down the saints. It has even been working, because the onslaught has been overwhelming. If You did not stay his hand, we would not even be able to crawl over the thresholds of the new opportunities. It’s been like this for our President and many of his Cabinet Secretaries, also. Send prophets to help them know what is happening to them. Let the Church commit to pray for these national leaders. Keep good men and women from retiring from Congress, if they are needed there. Refresh them if they are so tired they can’t take it any more. Let us tell them we are with them in the battle for the nation’s future. We say, “Doors of opportunity for America, form now! God, show the world that Your hand of blessing is on this nation!” In the mighty name of Jesus! Amen.
The door of opportunity that is forming will bring blessing to many Believers who have ears to hear and eyes to see.
September 28, 2020
September 27, 2020
September 26, 2020