October 3, 2019
Bring Your Bible to School Day!
“More than half a million students from across the United States will join the Bring Your Bible to School movement today. The annual student-led event, now in its sixth year, provides a unique opportunity for young people to share about their faith by highlighting its source – the Bible.
“Throughout the day, children and teens will share their experiences via social media using the hashtag #BringYourBible.
“For the first time this year, Focus on the Family will challenge Bring Your Bible to School Day participants to put into practice the ‘Live It’ portion of the event’s ‘Bring It. Share It. Live It.’ motto. Students and their families will be equipped with monthly challenges – specific, tangible actions they can take to live out their faith at school and in the community throughout the year.”
To the students participating today, “Isn’t it nice to know you’re not alone in sharing and reading God’s Word today on ‘Bring Your Bible to School Day? You will be joined by hundreds of thousands of students – and their families – who are celebrating freedom and faith on this day. Even if you are just one person in your school – it’s so encouraging to know that God’s love is strengthening you, nationwide prayers are going with you and more than half a million others are doing the same thing in their schools.”
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the Believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” (1 Timothy 4:12; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Pray for every student participating in Bring Your Bible to School Day today. Ask the Lord to give them boldness and faith.
- Ask that they experience God’s peace and grace if they should experience persecution, mocking or bullying.
- Go to #BringYourBible on social media to follow their stories through the day.
- If you are a parent, other family member, teacher, administrator, pastor, or other supportive person, ask God how you can help these students continue to take their Bibles to school and impact their communities after today. You can find info at #LiveYourFaith on social media sites.
- Decree a great societal impact and a Great Awakening on our campuses as a result of this honoring of God’s Word.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we lift up every student who is bringing their Bible to school today. Let them feel Your love and pleasure at their honoring of Your Word. Let them not be afraid, but be strong and courageous. Place Your holy fear as a guard over them, so that those that would mock them or bully them will be silent. Let the curious ask their questions and let the Bible-carrying students answer respectfully. Surprise them with the positive responses they receive. Lord, let the teachers and administrators encourage them and keep the mouth of the unbelieving ones shut. Let this be just the very first day of a year-long season of Your Word being honored in schools everywhere. If You are with them, who can be against them? The law must change. We pray for Alliance Defending Freedom’s support of this movement. Bless them for committing to uphold the students rights all the way to the Supreme Court, if necessary. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Today, the students of America will begin to lead a great revival of the hearing of the Word of the Lord.
Learn more about Bring Your Bible to School Day 2019 here.
October 15, 2019
October 14, 2019
October 13, 2019