October 6, 2019
Going Through God’s Doors – The Door of Faith
In Acts 14:27, it talks about a door of faith. It will require faith to go through the door that God has prepared for you. It always takes faith. You have to be able to risk a little. You have to be able to set your affections and your heart on Him, and move into the unseen realm. You have to be willing to believe that the things you couldn’t do yesterday, you will do today. Where hope-deferred set in before, you will come out into a new hope-filled place. You have to be willing to risk and to believe again.
One of the reasons we don’t come out of a hope-deferred place sometimes is because we get so shattered, we can’t bring ourselves to believe any more. We don’t want to be hurt or disappointed again.
An African animal called an impala can run fast and jump 20 or 30 feet. Zookeepers know it only takes a wall 3 feet high to keep one captive. If they wanted to, they could leap over that wall in their sleep. Why does a 3 foot high wall keep them in captivity? Because they will not jump when they cannot see where their feet are going to land. This is an awesome picture of what our fear and unbelief does to us. It just paralyzes us. Could this be why we call moving forward in faith a “leap of faith”?
“And when they arrived and gathered the church together, they declared all that God had done with them, and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.” (Acts 14:27; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Are any effects of hope-deferred still hanging around? God back and look at yesterday’s post and prayer points.
- Say, “Hope will move to faith when I begin to see His will manifest.”
- Ask the Holy Spirit to cause faith to arise in you. Choose to take a leap of faith again.
- Pray in your heavenly language if you have one. Ask the Holy Spirit for one if you don’t. “And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.” (Acts 19:6; JUB)
- Tell the Lord that you want to begin to take greater and greater leaps of faith in your intercession and decrees.
- Ask the Lord for a verse of scripture to act as a sword of the Lord, then prophecy the Word of the Lord over your situation!
- Rejoice in Him!
A prayer you can pray:
Father, hopelessness has got to go in my life! Doubt and unbelief have to go! Form a new door of faith for me. Give me a new opportunity to get up and leap through that door of faith! Hope will move to faith when I begin to see Your will manifest. Activate the gift of tongues in me, Holy Spirit. Let the gift increase as I use it. Let faith cause it to grow and develop into a powerful verbal weapon of war. That negative and frightening thing that happened to me yesterday will not happen again today! Holy Spirit, You can bypass my mind and fill me with faith, preparing me to intercede and decree as I speak in tongues. It is amazing! [Speak in tongues for a bit. Speak in tongues strong and free!] Let God arise and every one of my enemies be scattered. Remove the doubt and unbelief from me, Jesus. Let me believe Your Word and act on it. Lead me to specific scriptures to use as weapons of war against my spiritual enemies. Seeing them flee will increase my faith! Seeing my circumstances begin to turnaround will increase my faith! I decree that a door of faith is forming right in front of me and I am going to get through it! I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Jesus, I will rejoice in You with every small step of faith I take! Amen.
We will walk through the door of faith God is opening to His Church!
February 22, 2020
February 21, 2020
February 20, 2020