November 25, 2019
Thankful for Religious Freedom in America
“People are being persecuted for their faith [in this country and around the world]. It’s generally a minority faith. Over 80 percent of the world’s population doesn’t have freedom of religion, and it’s time somebody did something about it.
“So the President took this up today. The Secretary of State announced this at the ministerial we did earlier this year, Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom. He announced the creation of an International Religious Freedom Alliance, and this is us inviting other nations to join us in a concerted effort to push against religious persecution all around the world.
“So I’ve been out approaching countries. The Secretary put forward a clear call here. The President did, as well. And we will ask other nations to join this alliance. The alliance will be an effort of like-minded nations to push forward the issues of religious freedom, to push against religious persecution, but to do more than that: to push governments to change their policies so that there isn’t persecution, that there is freedom.
“The Secretary pointed out this will be the most significant new human rights organization in a generation. Human rights have been deteriorating around the world, and we hope to really see the effort on religious freedom push forward and expand human rights. This is one of those foundational rights that, if you get it right, other rights tend to grow from it; if you get it wrong, other rights tend to diminish with it.” (Amb. Sam Brownback)
“But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:12-13; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Our Constitution guarantees us freedom of religion. Only where there is freedom of religion can we be free to choose Christ and be able to worship as we desire. Thank the Lord for our constitutional right.
- Pray that that right is never removed from us.
- Being able to choose to worship Jesus in America, also means we must allow others to choose idolatry. We don’t like that, but God gave us freedom to choose or not choose Him from the beginning. Intercede for the multitudes that have not chosen Jesus.
- Pray for Ambassador Brownback as he is the U.S. emissary to go and promote religious freedom to governments around the world. Bless him for undertaking this challenging task. He loves the Lord and knows this pleases God and opens the way for others to know Christ worldwide.
- Thank the Lord that our country, the United States of America, our president, our State Department, is the one He chose to spearhead this humanitarian effort. Praise Him!
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, You are God and we know there is no other. Knowing that, we also know there was a reason You led the framers of the Constitution to secure our right to religious freedom. We can choose to worship You or not worship You. We can share the gospel freely here and others can freely choose Jesus. If we did not have that freedom, our ability to share the Gospel might be severely limited, as it is in other nations. We are so thankful to be free. Let us not ignore this freedom, but understand how important it is. We pray that others would come to know the One that gives them freedom to choose or not choose Him.
Thank you for Ambassador Brownback, a man who loves Jesus and understands how critical this freedom is. He has such compassion for those who are persecuted for their faith around the world. He and our Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, have helped our president understand this, as well. Thank You that President Trump has understood and agreed that religious freedom is something the United States will fight for internationally. This humanitarian effort will also open the way for many to hear about and receive Jesus in a great end time harvest of souls worldwide. Thank You, Jesus! Amen.
The United States will lead the way to freedom of religion in the world today!
January 11, 2020
January 10, 2020
January 09, 2020