December 1, 2019
A Long History of a Strong U. S. Presidency
“In this partisan age, we should take special care not to allow the passions of the moment to cause us to permanently disfigure the genius of our Constitutional structure. As we look back over the sweep of American history, it has been the American Presidency that has best fulfilled the vision of the Founders. It has brought to our Republic a dynamism and effectiveness that other democracies have lacked.
“At every critical juncture where the country has faced a great challenge –
– whether it be in our earliest years as the weak, nascent country combating regional rebellions, and maneuvering for survival in a world of far stronger nations;
– whether it be during our period of continental expansion, with the Louisiana Purchase, and the acquisition of Mexican territory;
– whether it be the Civil War, the epic test of the Nation;
– World War II and the struggle against Fascism;
– the Cold War and the challenge of Communism;
– the struggle against racial discrimination;
– and most recently, the fight against Islamist Fascism and international terrorism.
“One would have to say that it has been the Presidency that has stepped to the fore and provided the leadership, consistency, energy and perseverance that allowed us to surmount the challenge and brought us success.
“In so many areas, it is critical to our Nation’s future that we restore and preserve in their full vigor our Founding principles. Not the least of these is the Framers’ vision of a strong, independent Executive, chosen by the country as a whole.”
“When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan.” (Proverbs 29:2; NLT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Worship God over this nation.
- Thank Him yet again for the miracle that is the United States of America, this land that we love.
- Thank Him for providing its beauty, its strength, its prosperity, and the absolute miracle of its existence for almost 245 years!
- Thank Him for giving us a form of government that allows the citizens to have a voice in government affairs.
- Thank Him for a strong and bold President that has preserved and advanced our freedoms of life, liberty, religion, security, and pursuit of prosperity.
- Thank Him for all of the freedoms we enjoy.
- Thank Him that our children have the opportunity today to continue to enjoy those freedoms, if we humble ourselves, turn from our sinful ways, and pray.
- Worship Him!
A prayer you can pray:
Gracious heavenly Father, we worship and adore You. There is none other like You in all the universe. You alone are worthy of our worship and our adoration. To You belongs all of the Glory. We are so thankful for this country You established in covenant with Your people, the United States of America. Regardless of our family’s background and how we came to be here, we have made America home. It is a profound miracle. For 245 years this nation has expanded and prospered despite many hardships and challenges, because the people of this land have primarily sought Your face and acknowledged You along the way. Most of our presidents and other governmental leaders honored You with their words, if not with their hearts, and led our nation in honoring You, as well. You gave us the ability to elect our leaders. The entire voting populace of the nation gets to choose our President. You then guided them on our behalf, giving them wisdom to lead us to becoming a strong nation. Thank You for President Trump who is fighting hard to preserve and advance our freedoms of life, liberty, religion, security, and pursuit of prosperity. We thank You for these and every other freedom we enjoy. We thank You that You will solidify these freedoms for the generation to come, Jesus. You are so good to us and we want our children and grandchildren to be able to honor You freely in every aspect of their life in America, too. Amen.
The Lord has brought America this far; He will preserve the Republic as we humble ourselves and pray!
Learn more here about Attorney General Bill Barr and his speech at the Federalist Society’s 2019 National Lawyers Convention.
February 23, 2020
February 22, 2020
February 21, 2020