March 20, 2020
How Shall the Church Respond to This Crisis?
“It is a chaotic time in the nations. In the midst of the time we are in, many individuals have inquired as to what I am hearing from the Lord. I purposefully spent several days in intercession seeking Him before releasing some of what I feel He is speaking. In January, at our SPAN network annual meeting, He began to speak Psalm 91 and Joshua 1 very clearly to us as a group and made it evident these would be key scriptures in this year of 2020.
As this coronavirus has escalated in the nations, unleashing great fear, even panic, I have been engaged in a deep study of Psalm 91. I want to share with you the things I am personally hearing from the Lord.
Key points to focus in on:
- A time of reset – Draw near to Him in a place of abiding. Abiding is being vitally united to Him. As you draw close to Him, listen to His voice and not the voice of fear and chaos that so many media outlets are causing and promoting. He will speak areas that He is causing us to think differently in and even new ways to walk out our faith during this time.
- It is a time of reset in the nations of the world – in intercession, I feel as if prayer is being released across our nation and many nations of the world. It is stirring a hunger for the awakening and the harvest many of us have been prophesying and speaking of.
- Praise God for a President who will call a National Day of Prayer in the midst of the crisis and quote scripture from the Bible to encourage the nation. Continue to pray for our leaders in the midst of the daily decisions they are facing.
- He is our refuge. Spend time with Him and draw near that His glory will be your canopy and shield.
- Understand this is a spiritual battle and speak out the Lord’s truth and the promises from His Word during this time. Dabar is a Hebrew word to speak out, to proclaim, to publish and to subdue to overturn the deber schemes of the enemy.
- Pray Psalm 91 and other spiritual promises daily. Welcome the Holy Spirit to impart these truths to you and that they become alive and awakened in you.
- Do not walk in fear. Allow Him to touch your emotions as well as your thoughts.
- Be the voice of comfort, peace, and joy to this world.
- Don’t shrink back from:
- Reading His Word
- Fasting when He leads you to
- Taking Communion
In this time, continuing to maneuver in these scriptural and spiritual foundational truths is necessary.
As I continue to intercede, I know we will get through this season in the Body of Christ. This will pass. There are many in the Body of Christ who are pressing through in this time and season and each of you are those who He is using in this season. We were created to reach a hurting world and to be the example, a light, and those who bring healing in the midst of the chaos! (Rebecca Greenwood)
“You are light for the world. A city cannot be hidden when it is located on a hill. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket. Instead, everyone who lights a lamp puts it on a lamp stand. Then its light shines on everyone in the house. In the same way let your light shine in front of people. Then they will see the good that you do and praise your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:14-16; GWT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Read Psalm 91 and pray it in over your life as you do so.
- Pray Psalm 91 over your family.
- Pray Psalm 91 over your city, state, and the nation.
- Declare Matthew 5:14-16 over yourself.
- Declare Matthew 5:14-16 over the Church.
- Reading through Becca’s key points above, think about how you can incorporate them into your life right now.
- Seek Him over how He can use you in this season to be the one to bring His presence, comfort and healing.
A prayer you can pray:
[Today is one of those rare days where I am not providing a written prayer. I am asking you to walk through the prayer points and do as each one directs. Ceci and I bless you all with safety and rest!]
We are the light the world needs right now in order to see Jesus.
1 Article used with permission.
Learn more about Rebecca Greenwood and Christian Harvest International here.
April 06, 2020
April 05, 2020
April 04, 2020