July 13, 2020
Declaring His Goodness Through Proclaiming His Word
[Daniel Cline shared on the One Voice Prayer Call on 7/7/20. You’ll enjoy the wisdom from scripture he has to share.]
“I want to share from three scriptures. Psalm 107 came to mind, as did James 5, and Philippians 4. Psalm 107 begins by saying, ‘I will give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His lovingkindness endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story.’ What I believe to be true is we can look back and see that the people were hungry at the time this Psalm was written, and the Lord took care of them. They were sick. They cried out to the Lord and He healed them. What we know is what the Lord has said. What we know of the Lord is that He is good. His love does endure forever. His mercies are new every morning, because He is faithful.
“In James 5, it says, ‘Let the righteous pray.’ He has declared us righteous. We can pray in faith, and that’s the test. This is the test of Mark 9. I pray this every single day. A father had a son and he said, ‘Jesus, can You…if You would, You would heal him.’ Jesus essentially says, ‘If?’ The man says, ‘Look, I believe, but help my unbelief.’ That’s the prayer right now, ‘Father, would You do a great surgery inside of us and remove anything that lacks faith in who You are.’
“Finally, we all have family members or friends who are struggling. We have friends who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, cancer, and other illnesses. Some of us even know those who have passed away in this season. We can find comfort and encouragement in Philippians 4. Paul starts off by saying, ‘Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!’ Then, he reminds them, ‘Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.’ He concludes the passage with, ‘Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.’”
“I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name!” (Psalm 138:2; AMP)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Thank the Lord for His Word!
- Declare Psalm 107:1-2, “I will give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His lovingkindness endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story.”
- Speak out Mark 9:23-24, “Jesus said, ‘Everything is possible for one who believes.’ ‘I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!’”
- Proclaim James 5:15-16, “And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore we will confess our sins to each other and pray for each other so that we may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
- In accordance with Philippians 4, decree, “We will rejoice in the Lord always. We will not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present our requests to God. And, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy— we will think about such things.”
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we come to You with Your Word today. Holy Spirit, as You laid it on our hearts, and we just want to say that we will rejoice! We want to rejoice in You! Let our gentleness be evident to all, because You are near. Father, You said to bring everything to You. We don’t need to be anxious about anything, but we can bring everything with tears and petitions to You. We do this with thanksgiving. That is not easy, Father, so would You shift our perspective, even in this moment, that we would have thanksgiving, and have our mouths be filled with Your declaration. We ask You to honor these words and we know that You will, because You always honor Your Word.
Your Word says Your peace surpasses all understanding. It guards our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Thank You for guarding our minds. So we say this to You, ‘Whatever is true and noble and right, lovely, admirable, pure, and praiseworthy, these are the things we will think about. As You declare us righteous, then we come before You with these requests. You say we don’t have because we don’t ask, so we ask and declare against anything that would come against a body for a friend or ourselves. We declare healing and grace in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
We will proclaim the story of what the Lord has done for us!
August 13, 2020
August 12, 2020
August 11, 2020