September 17, 2020
Constitution Day 2020
We are certainly finding ourselves in a time when the U. S. Constitution is being challenged. Many issues of freedom, liberty, and government oversight are being raised which are causing us to see if the foundations of our nation will hold. Nothing is more basic to that foundation than the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. President Abraham Lincoln said, “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”
U. S. District Judge William Stickman, IV, said on 9/14/20, “The liberties protected by the Constitution are not fair-weather freedoms—in place when times are good but able to be cast aside in times of trouble.” Let’s look at an example of the need to stand firm in our current environment against those who would pervert that foundation.
On 9/14, at the request of Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos, President Trump signed an Executive Order safeguarding students’ first amendment rights on college campuses and universities. It’s shocking that this basic freedom even needs such a directive. Here is some information from Lea Carawan, Executive Director of The Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation:
“This rule comes at an opportune time considering college campuses are becoming increasingly hostile toward students of faith.
“It addresses areas of critical importance:
- Allows the U.S. Department of Education to withhold federal funding from public colleges and universities if a state or federal court finds they violated the First Amendment or their own stated institutional policies on freedom of speech, including academic freedom.
- Requires public colleges and universities to provide religious student groups the same rights, benefits, and privileges that other student groups enjoy.
- Clarifies religious schools cannot be denied federal funding due to their religious character with respect to grant programs under the Higher Education Act.
- Allows religious schools to demonstrate that they are exempt from Title IX to the extent Title IX conflicts with the tenets of their faith.”
“Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer… Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.” (Romans 12: 11-12 and 14; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Ask the Lord to secure the rights and privileges every American is accorded through the U.S. Constitution.
- Pray for progressive leadership and policy makers to come into alignment with the Constitution. Declare, “The Constitution will not be undermined or altered to discriminate against God’s people or His dream for America!”
- Pray specifically for an ending of blocks to Christian students’ meetings on college and university campuses. They will be critical as this great harvest of souls comes in! (Can you see what the enemy is up to? Remember, he is always trying to thwart God’s activities. Knowing this will help you see what God is doing in the earth.)
- The Administration is taking steps to advance religious freedom, so let’s express our appreciation! Click here to thank Secretary DeVos with one click!
A prayer you can pray:
Father, there are those in this nation that say they want the U. S. Constitution upheld, but they actually desire to modify it and make it fit their view of modern society. The stability of our nation is built on the foundation of men that sought You for guidance and wrote a timeless document. It has stood the test of time. Raise up governing officials and Supreme Court Justices that will honor this fundamental document. We declare, “The Constitution will not be undermined or altered to discriminate against God’s people or His dream for America!”
We have just this week seen the type of challenge that brings us to the need of protecting the Constitution. We bring our complaint before You, Lord. Educators and administrators of some of our public colleges and universities have decided they can discriminate against Christian students. Thank You for placing Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and President Trump in office for such a time as this. They have been able to stop it for now! We know Satan really wants to shut down Christian meetings because they will be important as the harvest of souls comes in on these campuses. Thousands and thousands of college students are coming to Christ and the enemy thought he had control of that territory! Ha! You have thwarted his plans! Thank You for the great harvest of souls! Thank You for Betsy DeVos, President Trump, and many other governmental leaders perfectly positioned in office right now. You are altogether loving and wise, Jesus. Amen.
The liberties protected by the Constitution will not be able to be cast aside in these times of trouble!
October 21, 2020
October 20, 2020
October 19, 2020