The Pentecost of Pentecosts Begins
[Prophet Sharon Stone Black is sharing her insight regarding the Pentecost of Pentecosts beginning at sundown this evening.]
“This year, Christians across the whole world celebrated Passover. It was Holy Spirit orchestrated. It just happened. Prophets had been saying that COVID-19 would begin to decline after Passover and we really have seen that. Many places peaked and an opening back up of businesses and countries has begun. I believe the Lord is saying that our Passover was a Divine Reset. Passover meant that we are not going to return to Egypt. He has had many in a season of contemplation and repentance since then. There cannot be any desire in us to return to the old which we have been miraculously delivered from. Pentecost is going to be the time we move into the new ways.
“The Lord is saying, ‘Wait for it. Wait for it. Just like in the upper room My disciples had to wait for My power. They had to wait until I had downloaded into them a new way and a new assignment, and new power.’ This Pentecost is not just going to be signs and wonders and more healing. There is going to be a revelation and release of new ways. He’s saying to the prophets, ‘You can’t just speak revelation. You need signs confirming the Word as well.’ So, I believe we’re being called up. This is a season to roar.
We can’t let this moment pass without God releasing something new to us and in us. We have to get this new thing. We are moving to a whole new level of authority and clarity. We are moving from uncertainty to unprecedented days. There won’t be a road map to follow. We will need to follow the Holy Spirit closely. We are moving out of the Church era and into the Kingdom era. He’s going back to that original Pentecost outpouring and saying Acts 1:8 again. The focus will not be on the power gifts, though we’ll have them, but on powerful witnesses! This is going to happen outside the walls of the church, not on the inside. Believers are going to wonder where this boldness to witness is coming from. They are going to think, ‘This isn’t my personality!’ Well, it’s Jesus’ personality!”
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Prepare yourself in the way you feel led by the Lord, in fasting, in worship, in study of the Word and in prayer, to receive a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
- Ask God for a baptism in His fire of boldness to witness.
- Begin to pray in your spiritual language (tongues), if you have received this gift. If you have not, ask God to give it to you now. Read Acts 2:1-4.
- Cry out for souls and for the lost to be saved.
- Pray for the prodigals to come back to the Lord.
- Ask God for great fruitfulness in your life.
- Intercede for the gifts of those coming into the Kingdom to be stirred up. Pray these new Believers in Jesus will desire to use all of their gifts and talents to bless the nations where they are.
A prayer you can pray:
God, there is a holy boldness coming on the Church! The more bold we get, the more we are going to see nations shaking and many coming to Christ. We are going to even see human rights abuses uncovered in organizations, individuals, and even in the governments of nations. We trust You and this will be a good thing, not a bad thing. It will be a necessary thing. We ask for Your holy fire. Bring greater fertility to the Body of Christ. Bestow blessings of harvest into the land. We will see souls saved and earthly knowledge redeemed, which will bring blessing to the nations. There will be a great separation of light and darkness. The dark is growing darker, but the light is growing lighter! The light will overcome the darkness in this new era. Your fire in the Church will cause others to be caught on fire!
As we wait on You, we are going to be filled and we are going to be led by Your Holy Spirit in some interesting ways. Help us to be sure our hearts are purified and ready for this season, because nothing can stop it. We do not want to miss this day of visitation. We are going to each hear You, and we need to be rightly positioned for the windows of God to open over us and pour out Your blessings on us. Lord Jesus, lead us! We welcome You, Holy Spirit! Come, Holy Spirit and pour out on us in unprecedented measure. Amen.
There is a holy boldness to witness coming on the Church now!
Learn more about Sharon Stone Black here.
Come and Enter In With Him
“We are coming into a season of restoring the Tabernacle of David. We are restoring the land little by little. I go into ‘The Tabernacle’, which is what we call our sanctuary, regularly. The Lord says that if we will come into His tabernacle, we will see clearly. In the last three weeks I would go into the sanctuary and we would have the most wonderful services, but I would leave troubled. I finally said, ‘Lord, what are You trying to say to me?’ I know there’s a lot of spiritual warfare going on right now and wondered if it had something to do with that. I purposefully went into a time of worship.
“The Lord then replied to my question. He said, ‘It’s you. I have been trying to get your attention. I want you to be a model of rebuilding the Tabernacle of David.’ I remembered a Word Cindy Jacobs had given me earlier in the year. She said, ‘You’ll become a model for the next move of God.’ I suddenly knew that our congregation had to restart after eight years of being where we are. We had to move into a new dimension. We had to make some old things new.
“So, the first thing the Lord told me to do was to take everything off the walls (and we have a lot of things on the walls!) He said, ‘What is on the walls is not for where you are going. You are going to have to have new vision for where you are going. When the people return from the lockdown, I don’t want them to come back into the same place that they left. I want them to come into a new place, so they can gain new vision. All I want you to leave on the wall is the display of fish in the harvest nets. I want My people to understand harvest. I want them to understand time. I want them to understand how to advance. I want them to know what I am doing in them. I want them to be able to sense Me in a way they’ve never sensed Me before.’
“So, we took it all down. We are saying, ‘Lord, when we come into Your house, how do You want us to touch You? What is it You want us to do? How do You want us to enter in with You?’ I made some decisions. We don’t want to stay where we were before. We are going to have to have some new things, so we can be more unified. We are going to repaint and renew the place where we meet, so it is a new place to meet with Him. We need to have a place where we can come and anticipate again. We need a whole new move of God. We need a whole new move of Holy Spirit. There is a whole new vision coming. This is a key moment and a key changing time.” (Chuck Pierce)
“There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are on the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you about all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel.” (Exodus 25:22; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Take some time to sit before the Lord today and “purposefully worship Him.”
- Boldly come before the throne of grace and ask Him what He would like from you in this next season.
- Ask Him what old things in you need to be made new. Do you need new vision, a fresh view of Him, or a sprucing up of a current space, making it ready for new plans?
- What place of understanding does He want to give you for the new season ahead? Does He want you to understand harvest or how to hold the harvest? Does He want you to understand time, how to advance His Kingdom, what He is doing in you and in the Church, or how to move with the Holy Spirit in a new way? Enjoy this time of revelation. Write down what He says. Write down the scriptures He leads you to and study them.
- Ask the Lord for an understanding of how the new thing He is giving you fits in the corporate body and in the advancement of His Kingdom in the nation.
A prayer you can pray:
God, I enter into worship today in spirit and in truth. I must have Jesus. I must see You, Lord, in a new way. I need a new view of You. I understand that things are shifting for the Church. You are surely doing a new thing and I want to be a part of it. I want what You want, so what do You want to do in my life so I can partner with You more fully? What is old and needs to be new? Remake my vision, my thinking, my relationship with You. Give me understanding of the times, of the harvest, and how to hold the harvest once it begins to come in. How can I move with Your Holy Spirit more sensitively? How can I make Jesus known in my realms of influence?
Lord, order my days and my nights. I give them to You. Reorder time in my life. Show me where it is wasted and idle and unproductive for Kingdom advancement purposes. How can I minister to You in time, so I can reflect Christ more fully? I want to be a mirror of You, Jesus. Show me how the new things You are doing in my life will connect with and advance my local church. How will they help the community? Is there even an impact to be made on this nation? God, cause the synergy of the ages to come together in Christ now! Amen.
We will meet with You and You will speak to us about what You want!
Learn more about Chuck Pierce here.
Moving Toward Pentecost – Hearing the Lord Speak
[I want you to hear this Word from my friend, Prophet James Goll.]
“The Lord is saying, ‘I want My Church to hear what I have to speak in this hour. I am speaking that there are new ways for the new era. There are new wineskins being prepared for the new wine.’ There was a phrase that He said that really got me. I am in a season of fresh consecration. He said, ‘I have been waiting for such a long time for My people to slow down long enough that they could hear what I have to speak. For I have much that I want to say in these days. I want to talk about many things. But, will you be like Moses and turn aside?’ That’s repentance. It’s a turning.
“I realized that Moses could have just walked by, thinking, ‘Wow. That’s a sign and a wonder. Isn’t that just awesome?’ But, the burning bush fully arrested his attention and he turned aside. Only when he turned aside did the voice of the Lord come. Then, I hear the Lord say, ‘I Am waiting there.’
“These days now are holy. I have not sensed a dimension of this holiness in these days of Passover to Pentecost like I am right now. I just want to ask, ‘Will we be like Moses and turn aside? I Am is waiting there.’”
“But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.” (Micah 7:7; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Hear the cry of the heart of the Father saying, “Will you be like Moses and turn aside?”
- Repent and turn aside to Him, saying, “Yes, Lord, I will.”
- Wait for Him as often as you can these next few holy days from today through Sunday, May 31st. This is unlike any time in history. Wait for Him.
- Expect God to fill you anew with HIs Holy Spirit.
- Long for more of Him and tell Him so.
- Worship Him.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, the cry of Your heart is that Your people would stop what they are doing and turn aside. We need to sit and allow this all to settle in our spirit. We need to hear Your heart cry, “Will you be like Moses and turn aside?” We need to be able to reply, “Yes, Lord, I will.” Let this moment go deep in our hearts. Let us take this prophetic admonition and heart cry move us to repentance and a holy waiting period. You are preparing us and You are waiting for us. We must believe that.
We will turn aside in repentance. We will wait for You. You will meet us in that holy, consecrated place, and You will fill us afresh with Your Holy Spirit. You will fill us with power from on high. God, we have been so limited! We know Your Son. We love Him and serve Him, but we need the fullness of Your Holy Spirit. You want to freely give Him to those of us that will wait on You. Lord, make us able to wait. We get so distracted. Let us not imagine or guess at what You want to say or do, but wait and see. You are all about relationship! You long for us. Make us long for You with a holy, set-apart longing. Call us to wait for You and cause us to answer Your heart’s cry in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
We will turn aside and wait for the Lord, and He will meet us there!
Learn more about James Goll here.
God’s Sovereign Execution of Justice
“It was Saturday morning, April 1st, 2017, when I was had a most amazing dream:
“I saw several huge vortexes streaming from heaven to earth. These vortices were extremely powerful, undulating swirls of green, blue and purple. The colors were swirling mixtures proceeding from heaven—reaching the earth, but not like tornadoes. As I witnessed these swirling streams, I was weeping—not from sorrow or dread. I was weeping from a deep overwhelming gratitude and awe, as I have had on those occasions (including dreams) when I have experienced the Presence of The Lord.
“The dream was not ‘terribly’ awesome, but rather, ‘wonderfully’ awesome. The best words that I have to describe what was happening is that God was sovereignly ‘EXECUTING JUSTICE!’ ….. He was ‘setting things right.’ I sensed that this was definitely happening in America, although I didn’t know if it was limited to our country. I felt like what God was doing was affecting many ‘people groups’ in our nation (and maybe beyond). I felt as if those who had mindsets opposing God’s truth, even those who had been antagonistic and belligerent toward Him, were mercifully being delivered from ignorance, delusion, deception, etc. They were then given the ability to recognize the Truth of God and His ways—just by the revelation He was providing. Their paradigms, their thinking, and their mindsets were gloriously being transformed. They were coming awake, thinking, ‘Oh! Now I see what is actually, really true! How could I have ever thought otherwise?!’ They were experiencing real repentance—a total change of mind!
“It seems to me that although what was happening was definitely a sovereign act of God, He was choosing to release His Power and Revelation at His appointed time. I also can’t help but believe that intercession and the prayers of the saints in the recent months, years, or however long—partnering with Him, at His direction—has also played a part in this happening. It occurred to me that this could be a type of ‘tipping the bowls’ of heaven in response to the prayers of the saints. It is my personal belief that as God is a righteous and just God, He is absolutely justified in such an action of mercy and grace. This is due to the finished, totally complete, redemptive work of the Cross of the Lamb of God, the Lord Jesus Christ. Added to that are the voices of the saints that have cried out to Him, asking for the release of repentance to the Church, the Nation and the world. How can He resist?” (By, an anonymous intercessor)
“For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh… But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.” (Romans 8:2-3 and 11; NKJV)
Give Him 15 Minutes in Prayer (by, our guest writer):
- Praise and thank God our Father for His great Love—for the sacrifice of His Son, the Lamb that was slain before the foundation of the world, and for His Salvation: the forgiveness of sins, the restoration of our relationship with Him, and for His Eternal Life, which includes all of His benefits. (Isa. 59:16, John 3:16, Ps.103:1-5)
- Praise and thank the Lord Jesus Christ, who willingly and joyfully chose to be our substitute, who received our punishment for sin in order to satisfy the righteous demands of a Holy God; and now, as our Savior and Advocate, ever lives to make intercession for us! (Hebrews 7:25 & 12:2, Psalms 89:14)
- Praise, thank and welcome Holy Spirit and His out-pouring as the Empowering, Enabling, Presence of God, accomplishing the Will of God in the earth through His appointed, anointed Church.
- On the basis of the finished work of the Cross, and with the commissioning of the Lord Jesus to the Ecclesia as the delegated, governing representatives of the Kingdom of God (Math. 16:19):
- Ask that God grant repentance to all those He desires and has appointed to Salvation (Acts 9:3-6,18; II Tim. 2: 25,26; I Tim. 2:3,4)
- Command the enemy to loose those whose minds have been blinded from the Light of the Gospel of the Glory of Christ (II Cor. 4:3,4)
- Agree with God and call forth the Light of God to the hearts of all those that He desires to come to the saving knowledge of Christ (II Cor. 4:6)
- Continue to fill up the bowls of heaven to overflowing, interceding and crying out to God, and commanding: “Kingdom of God come, Will of God be done, in the earth, as it is in Heaven.” (Rev.5:8; Mt 6:10).
A prayer you can pray (by, our guest writer):
Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, and Holy Spirit, we praise You and thank You for Your amazing love, mercy, and grace. We thank You for Your salvation, giving us Your very life, where we may now cry out to You: “Abba! Father!” We realize that we will never fully comprehend on this side of heaven the Love required, and extent that you went to, in order to redeem us to be Your very own. We desire to respond in love and obedience to Your calling, as Your Ecclesia—in partnership with You—so that Your will and purposes may be accomplished on planet earth. Father God, increasingly give Your Ecclesia revelation as to Your plans, purposes, and strategies, that we may effectively cooperate with You through intercession, declarations, and decrees. Help us to realize the privilege and honor of such a high calling. As those who have been saved by You, we acknowledge that Your desire is that many more that have been purchased by the Blood of The Lamb would become a part of your family. May You receive much, much more glory in the days to come by those who will receive Your Son as Savior and Lord. Grant repentance to them. Light of God, reveal the truth of Your amazing lovingkindness, as well as your awesome power. Reveal the One and only Savior as the “Desire of the Nations”—the One who they (and we) have truly longed for. In the name of Jesus, we bind you, forces of darkness, and command you to loose your hold on God’s purchased possessions. We plead and declare the Blood of Jesus over their hearts, minds, and bodies. We say to you, “Let God’s people go!”
Kingdom of God come! Will of God, be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven!
Watching Over U.S. Agriculture
“The United States of America has been a land of plenty. With the arrival of COVID-19, we are finding ourselves in a season where we are not able to get our abundance to market. For example, in Texas and other midwest states, ranchers are having to put cattle down because there is a lower market for the meat. They also don’t have enough feed for them. In the hog industry, COVID-19 hit the processing plants and processing had to stop, causing hog farmers to need to euthanize some of their livestock. These types of situations have caused a real snowball effect. For example, now there are gluts of corn across the nation, as there is a lowered need for feed for livestock. This is driving down costs for grain producers. Fresh fruit and vegetable growers just can’t get their products to market due to limitations from the virus. Pray that the enemy will not take out our farmers. Intercede for those working in agriculture, food processing, packaging, and distribution. We are also going to pray for creative ideas to keep the supply chain working.
“Despite the current challenges, we do not believe the Lord will let our people starve. If we pray, He will turn things around. We believe there will be a renaissance of hope. Though our nation is facing difficulty in the area of agriculture, we believe we have entered into a new era. It is an era of farming innovation and creativity. We are seeing that God is providing prophetic answers, and Josephs are rising up and instituting strategic plans.
“We have… heard many stories of the Lord drawing us back to some old ways of doing things, which are becoming new again. Some dairy farmers are going back to bottling their own milk and selling it directly from their farms. Some are turning the milk into cheese, which has a longer shelf life.
“Chicken farmers were going to have to slaughter their chickens because large institutions, such as restaurant chains and educational facilities, are not going to need them. However, some farmers have gathered together and decided they would go ahead and process the chickens and donate the meat to the food banks. Chicken farms that are focused on providing eggs have put the word out across social media and are selling the eggs directly to the public. Food banks are coming and getting them, as well. By the way, most food banks are run by Christian organizations and churches. Pray for an increased direct connection between the farmers and food banks, churches and other sources of direct distribution to families in need. This is ‘the Reset!’ Decree creative ideas! Decree the church will rise up and reform our food distribution system.”
“Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds; for riches do not endure forever, and a crown is not secure for all generations.” (Proverbs 27:23-24; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer (by, Cindy Jacobs):
- Pray that the enemy will not take out our farmers. Intercede for all those working in agriculture, food processing, packaging, and distribution.
- Pray for creative ideas to keep the supply chain working.
- Thank God for providing prophetic answers to our nation’s food supply challenges.
- Call for the Josephs to rise up and institute strategic plans for the future.
- Pray for an increased direct connection between the farmers and food banks, churches and other sources of direct distribution to families in need. This is ‘the Reset!’ Decree creative ideas! Decree the church will rise up and reform our food distribution system.
- On May 19, 2020, President Trump announced dramatic action to support our nation’s farmers, ranchers, and growers as we work to safely re-open America: “My administration is launching a new initiative called the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program. Through this effort, we are providing $19 billion to support our nation’s agricultural producers, maintain the health of our critical food supply chains, and provide food assistance to American families.”(1) Pray for this initiative, also known as the “Farmers to Families” program.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, COVID-19 is having a multi-faceted effect on many areas of our society. We must trust You and intercede into these things, not just sit by and watch them happen. We put up a hedge of protection over our livestock and our crops. We pray into the disrupted supply lines and distribution systems and humbly ask for Your sovereign intervention. Consider the needs of the many thousands of individuals and families impacted, Lord, and have mercy on them. It is time for innovation. Some things must advance quickly. Some things must return to old ways. Some things can never be done the same way as before. We need the Josephs to be raised up. Give dreams and visions and Words of wisdom to Your prophets. Properly position us for the future.
Many churches and Christian ministries run food banks across America. It is time for them to be ultra-efficient and know what to do. Grant them grace and favor. Partner them with the ranchers, farmers, and growers, such as in the “Farmers to Families program.” We bless Sonny Purdue at the Department of Agriculture and the USDA for this extensive and timely program. Grace them to pull this off quickly and without error, Lord. Feed our people, as You care for the food providers. Thank You for Your grace and mercy in Jesus’ Name.
The Lord will send a blessing on America’s “barns” and everything our food providers put their hands to.
1 Learn more about the USDA “Farmers to Families Food Box Program”: https://www.ams.usda.gov/selling-food-to-usda/farmers-to-families-food-box
Memorial Day 2020
[Today’s article was written by Col. Douglas Castle (Ret.), a former Army Chaplain, who was a member of my church in Colorado Springs.]
Jesus said, “The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends.” Today, we pay tribute to service members who gifted us their ultimate sacrifice and their greatest love.
America, unique in the history of nations, was born of an idea, liberty, that is forever woven throughout the fabric of our constitution. Therefore, our warriors have always been willing to sacrifice their lives for this cause they hold greater than self. They instinctively understood that, to secure the blessings of liberty, a free people are obliged to pay the market price of that liberty. Liberty ruthlessly collects that payment in the blood of America’s sons and daughters, yet those who fell willingly accepted that transaction.
At Gettysburg, Lincoln reminded his generation that the greatest tribute a people could pay to their fallen was to embrace the unresolved future: “It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the great task remaining before us…that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain…and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”
We who follow Jesus, we who are dual citizens of both heaven and earth, must embrace that unresolved future and ensure those we commemorate will not have died in vain by giving ourselves to fervent prayer for the church’s greatest awakening – a revival that will vindicate their sacrifice and forever alter the course of human history.
“Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident. One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.” (Psalm 27:3-4; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Tell the Lord how thankful you are for the selfless service so many in this nation displayed through their sacrificial death.
- Ask the Lord to heal the broken hearts of those still living who have lost loved ones. The pain can be intense.
- Lives are forever completely altered for the living when someone dies. Pray for restored hope.
- Decide to ensure those we commemorate today will not have died in vain. Let us give ourselves to fervent prayer for the church’s greatest awakening – a revival that will vindicate their sacrifice and forever alter the course of human history!
A prayer you can pray:
Lord God, today, on Memorial Day, we pause to say “Thank you” for the selfless service so many in this nation displayed through their sacrificial death. We ask that you would heal the hearts of all those families who stood weeping at their front door when told their loved one would never again walk through that door. Jesus, you are the light of this world and we ask that, as you heal these broken hearts, you would reignite the flame of hope that died in so many eyes.
In the midst of one of the greatest economic crises in our history, as churches cannot meet to worship you or celebrate biblical fellowship, we ask for your help. May God the Holy Spirit rise up strongly in this nation to stir the church to her greatest awakening, and may she rise up more holy, beautiful and powerful than ever before! Thank You, Jesus. Amen.
We are thankful for all those who died that we might be free!
A Medal of Honor Recipient from the United States Marine Corps
[The following article is an excerpt from the U.S. Dept. of Defense’s weekly “Medal of Honor Monday” series, in which they highlight one of the more than 3500 Medal of Honor recipients who have earned the U.S. military’s highest medal for valor.]
“Although many men were drafted into the military during the Vietnam War, some, like Marine Corps 2nd Lt. John Bobo, volunteered. Bobo never came home from the war, but his sacrifice saved several members of his company.
“On March 30, 1967, the 24-year-old weapons platoon commander was on a routine patrol south of a marine base that was only a few miles below the North Vietnam border. His company settled into a defensive position on a hill for the night. Several rifle platoons were sent out to patrol for ambushes.
“Those patrols hadn’t been gone long when North Vietnamese soldiers swarmed out of the jungle to attack the men hunkered down on the hill. The Marines managed to push them back into the jungle, but they returned after more enemy troops blocked the rifle platoons on ambush duty from getting back to the hill to help.
“Bobo, who was with his platoon on the hill, quickly organized his men into a hasty defense against the enemy, which was bombarding them with weapons and mortar fire. He went from position to position, encouraging his Marines to fight their hardest, despite being outnumbered. He picked up a rocket launcher he found on a fallen Marine and organized a team to use it against the enemy’s machine gunners.
“Shortly after that, an enemy mortar exploded near Bobo, severing his right leg below the knee. [He tied a web belt around his knee as a tourniquet.] The massive injury, however, did not slow his determination. He refused to be evacuated and instead insisted on being propped up in a firing position so he could cover the rest of the Marines as they fled for safety.
“At some point during the shootout, Bobo was struck and killed. However, his leadership, courage, and refusal to give up enabled the remaining Marines to get into a better position, where they were finally able to push the enemy back. No one forgot what Bobo did to help the surviving Marines to escape that day, and his memory continues to live on. His parents received the U. S Medal of Honor on his behalf on August 27, 1968.”
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- We owe our freedom to hundreds of thousands of men and women, like Marine Corps 2nd Lt. John Bobo, who have laid down their life for the freedom we enjoy today. Thank the Lord for the freedom you enjoy because of these sacrifices. John 15:13, KJV, says, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
- Thank the Lord for the sons, the fathers, the spouses, the brothers and sisters, and the friends that have served to make us free.
- Intercede for those who serve us in the United States Marine Corps. Learn more about this branch of the service here.
- Fearlessness and boldness are characteristics that the Church will need in this era. Ask the Lord to make the Church brave, as in Bobo’s example.
- Intercede with what the Lord said to the Hebrews as they went into the promised land, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
A prayer you can pray:
Father, John 15:13 tells us,“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” United States Marines, such as 2nd Lt. John Bobo have exemplified this scripture for us, as many in the armed services have. We honor those who have displayed such bravery by bestowing medals, such as the Medal of Honor, upon them in the natural. Today, we honor them spiritually and pray that the cost they paid for our nation’s freedom and the freedom of other nations of the earth will not be forgotten. Let us live worthy of the freedom they have given their lives to attain. Freedom is costly and should never be treated as a given, for in many other nations of the world, many do not live as freely as we do here in the United States. The United States Marine Corps is exemplary in its example of this bravery and we are thankful for them.
We do not want to lose the freedom we have, Lord. We especially do not want to lose the freedom we have as Believers in Jesus. We have taken for granted our ability to spread the Gospel. Now, there is an urgency. You have told us to be strong and courageous in expanding our territory spiritually. We cannot take lightly the attacks of the enemy against us. We can’t shrink back. We must fight for one another and help each other expand Your Kingdom. There is no time and no place for competition. We must be one, even as You are One. Let us fight our spiritual battles bravely. There are souls needing saved and a culture needing redeemed. Thank You for answering our hearts cry, Jesus. Make us bold, with a resolve to finish well for You. Amen.
May the Ekklesia display leadership, courage, and refusal to ever give up!
The Air Force’s “God’s Eye View”
[Today’s article is from a former member of my church in Colorado Springs, Major Michael Craig, USAF, Retired.]
“Aerial combat is one of the most difficult missions for which an Air Force fighter pilot must train. Mastering the skills involved takes many years and countless training flights. For several decades combat aircrews have relied upon an amazing training tool called Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation or simply, ‘ACMI’ to the aircrew. In this high-tech training system, all aircraft participating in a given training exercise carry a wing-mounted pod that uses Global Positioning Satellite information along with onboard aircraft systems data to constantly track the aircraft’s whereabouts and weapon systems information. The pod ‘knows’ and records not only the aircraft’s position in three-dimensional space, but which way it is pointed, up-down, north-south-east-west. It knows when the pilot fires a simulated missile and what type of missile was fired. Because the other aircraft involved are carrying similar pods, the system knows if the missile was fired within range or too far away. Using the speed and relative position of the two aircraft, it even calculates how long it takes the virtual missile to reach its target and whether the missile would have likely ‘killed’ the target.
“Observers back at the airbase, can even watch all the ACMI action on video screens in real time, but more often, the system is used by the participating aircrew to debrief the mission in great detail after landing. They can select the digital ‘view’ from the cockpit of any aircraft involved. They can fast-forward, rewind, slow the action down, select another view and watch it again. They can see the view from their ‘adversary’s’ cockpit and dissect any mistakes they made—figure out why they got ‘shot down’ or how they were able to escape. One of the more useful viewpoint options available in the ACMI system is from far above the melee taking place below. One can observe the ‘big picture’ of all the players—how well one flight of aircraft is performing against their adversaries. Are they seeing everything that is coming against them? Are they employing the correct offensive and defensive tactics? Did they miss the one ‘bandit’ sneaking in behind them? It can be wonderfully enlightening (and humbling). Interestingly, this overhead, all-seeing view is known to these combat aviators as ‘The God’s Eye View.’
“Ah, if only. If only we could see our lives that way—The God’s Eye View—not simply depending on our own two eyes. We could see the trouble out ahead—how the enemy is arrayed against us. Our adversary could never sneak up from behind (or below, or above, or in our blind spot). But, in some respects, we can see from God’s perspective. To the extent we draw near to the heart of our Father, seeking His wisdom, taking time to learn His viewpoint through His word, we will see more of The God’s Eye View.
“By employing the ACMI system, pilots are able to learn from their mistakes before the consequences become potentially fatal in ‘real-world’ combat. Most of us cannot prepare for our clashes with the enemy that way, but we have the means to gain a higher perspective and a more Godly view of the battles we face.”
“The eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good.” (Proverbs 15:3; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Intercede for the United States Air Force, thanking God that they patrol the skies and protect our nation, at home and abroad.
- Consider the story about the incredible ACMI navigation system. Ask the Lord to reveal the comparison to you of His watching over us in a similar fashion.
- Consider Proverbs 15:3, “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good.” If man can conceive of something like the ACMI, does this story help your faith increase, so you can really “see” that He is all-seeing and all-knowing? Rejoice that He is Jehovah Shammah – The God that is there!
- Read Ephesians 2:1-6, “Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God’s anger, just like everyone else. But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.”
- Pray Ephesians 1:18-21, “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.”
- Tell the Lord You want to see what Jesus sees from His vantage point as you intercede for the nation. His view is perfect and complete.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we thank you for the United States Air Force. We are so thankful for those who have chosen to protect our nation by patrolling and warring from the skies above us. Thank you for the technology that the Air Force has continually developed for that purpose. By employing the ACMI system, pilots are able to learn from their mistakes before the consequences become potentially fatal in ‘real-world’ combat. Most of us cannot prepare for our clashes with the enemy that way, but we have the means to gain a higher perspective and a more Godly view of the battles we face. Help us see our lives that way—The God’s Eye View—not simply depending on our own two eyes. We want to see the trouble out ahead—how the enemy is arrayed against us, so our adversary cannot sneak up from behind (or below, or above, or in our blind spot).
Thank you for this explanation of a natural system that helps us understand Your view and Your desire for us to work with You in this same way. Your Word tells us in Ephesians that Jesus was raised from the dead and seated at Your right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. Then, You raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with Christ in the heavenly realms because we are united with Him. Therefore, we know that to the extent we draw near to the heart of You, Father,, seeking Your wisdom, taking time to learn Your viewpoint through Your word, we will see more of The God’s Eye View. May our spiritual battles be won more effectively and may our lives as Believers ever glorify the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, amen.
The Ekklesia are gaining “God’s Eye View”, a more accurate view of the spiritual battles we face.
Establishing a United States Space Force
In February 2019, President Donald J. Trump established the United States Space Force. On May 15, 2020, the flag of the newly formed organization was unfurled in the Oval Office of the White House. President Trump invited Secretary of Defense Mark Esper to say a few words:
“Let me just say it’s a very historic moment. The United States has been a spacefaring nation for decades, but we know that our adversaries in the last several years have weaponized space. They’ve made it a warfighting domain. So, with the establishment of [the] Space Force and the establishment of Space Command, the United States is now doing what it needs to do to protect our assets in space and ensure that space remains the heavens by which we not only protect America, but we sustain our economy, we sustain our commercial capabilities, we sustain Americans’ way of life. So again, [we are in] another very historic moment. I’m confident that both the Space Force and the Space Command will do what is necessary to defend us in space and to keep America great.”
General Mark Milley, current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was also invited to make a comment:
“This is a historic day. Some time ago, we made a decision to establish the Space Force, and that’s because we’re undergoing a changing character of war, which is of historic importance for all nations. As part of that, the space part of our universe opened up as a domain of warfare. It’s critical that if we are going to sustain our way of life, if we’re going to defend our nation, we’re going to have to defend ourselves in space, and therefore the need for the Space Force. It’s a great day for the nation and for the world that the United States of America establishes its first Space Force.”
General John Raymond, current Commander of the Space Force presented the flag:
“Sixteen thousand space professionals are assigned to the Space Force. We’re proud of this flag. They come to work every day focusing on providing space capabilities for our nation, for our joint coalition forces, and for the world. We’re proud of [them and of] this flag.”
Secretary of the Air Force Barbara Barrett made these statements to close the ceremony:
“Thank you, Mr. President. You’ve really demonstrated leadership in establishing the Space Force. This is an important moment and an important month, actually. Most Americans, before their first cup of coffee in the morning, have used space, but very few people realize how important space is to everything that we do, that it’s vulnerable, [and that] we need to up our game in space. You’ve recognized that and built a force that will help to protect our assets in space and deter aggressive action in space. If deterrence doesn’t work, [we will still] be able to defend our assets in space and those of our allies. So we thank you very much for the leadership you’ve demonstrated and we’re excited for this breakthrough moment.”
“Then God said, ‘Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth’; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.” (Genesis 1:14-18; NKJV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Reflect on Genesis 1:1-18 and all that God created. We have explored the planet. Now, it’s time to explore the vastness of space. The heavens declare the Glory of God!
- Thank the Lord for the innovation and foresight He has historically deposited in citizens of the United States of America.
- Thank Him for those that could see the need for a United States Space Force.
- Thank Him for President Trump listening to military leadership and developing this force that will explore the heavens and protect this nation and other nations of the world.
- Intercede for those that are developing this fledgling military branch. Pray for the leadership above by name, but also pray for the 16,000 other members assigned to the U.S. Space Force.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, I say with the psalmist, David, in Psalms 8:3-6, “When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained; what is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than [Yourself], and You crown him with glory and majesty! You make him to rule over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet.” In Your magnificent wisdom, You chose to make man in Your image and to work with Him to establish Your Kingdom on the earth. How could man have ever imagined what would unfold before him as history began? Here we are, thousands of years later. Having explored the Earth, we are ready to explore the space around us.
You have bestowed on this nation a gift of invention and innovation. What we can imagine, You have given us the ability to achieve. Dreaming with You has led us to this point. Our military leadership and our president have launched the United States Space Force to go further. While some acknowledge that it may become a necessity in this day to reach to space to protect America and other nations, it is also another season of exploring the heavens and earth You created. May we do so and always exalt You, the Maker of those heavens and the earth. Great and mighty God, may more worship Jesus as a result of the U.S. Space Force and its work. Amen.
Our nation needs the Space Force to sustain our way of life, defend our nation, and show forth the glory of God!
A Story of the U.S. Navy from the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt
The U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt has been an ongoing source of news since early March when sailors began to test positive for COVID-19. They have given us a modern-day story of discipline and bravery. To date, more than 1000 of the crew have tested positive. The outbreak was discovered while the ship was docked in Vietnam. Quickly, they headed for their closest U.S. port with somewhat adequate medical facilities in Guam. A friend’s nephew was on that ship, so we have been able to get reports on the situation right from the source. He was one of those tasked with testing everyone on board, then helping sick sailors get off the ship to quarantine. Despite that, he has never tested positive for the virus.
Just like cruise ships afflicted before it, it became evident quickly that it is very challenging to keep this virus contained on a ship full of thousands of people. As strict as the U.S. Navy’s standards for cleanliness on their vessels, and the plethora of manpower available to keep things “military standard clean”, the virus still spread through the ship.
It appeared that the situation was handled as well as can be expected once they got to Guam. Sick soldiers were removed first and taken either to the hospital or to a local hotel. The latter was cleared out to make room for the men and women, depending on the level of care they needed. Local schools were turned into barracks for the healthy. All but about 500 essential crew were moved off the ship. While bored, the crew was safe and well-fed, and were able to get some exercise and talk to loved ones back home on occasion. The ship was thoroughly cleaned over and over again, and the crew have been slowly brought back on board. They are still in that process and looking forward to getting back to their mission. At this time, one man, Chief Petty Officer Charles Thacker, Jr., has died and we mourn his death. We pray there are no others. The crew is reported to be in good spirits despite everything. This is a testament to the bravery of those serving us in the U.S. Navy.
“Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.” (1 Corinthians 16:13; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Thank the Lord for those who serve in our United States Navy.
- Ask God to cover each and every crew member aboard ships, other watercraft, and submarines from harm, especially from the COVID-19 virus.
- Consider the care these sailors are taking for one another’s health. They are all working together for the common good, and they honestly care about each other. Intercede for the Church to come into this place of love and discipline.
- Some Believers have found themselves critical of the way the government is responding to this virus, or to the way business owners, or even pastors or neighbors are responding. Put that aside now. Repent, if you’ve been one of these accusers. Take on compassion. Everyone is doing their best in a very unknown situation. Become an intercessor instead—standing in the gap between what is and ought to be.
- Notice that they can’t wait to get back to their mission. Pray for them to be healed and well and whole, so they can!
- Now, intercede for the Body of Christ to have that same sense of passion to expand the Gospel of the Kingdom as we move out of COVD-19 restrictions!
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we lift up the United States Navy to You. We are thankful for these that patrol the world’s oceans in a constant peace-keeping mission. They are watchful for threats that could come from the sea. It is not an easy life, as they are apart from land, their homes, and their families for very long stretches of time. Currently, the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt has been gone longer than planned due to COVID-19 being found aboard. This has disrupted the lives of all of the crew in very unexpected ways. We compassionately lift them before You as they attempt to get their men and women healed and their ship prepared, so they can continue their mission. We also intercede for the family of Chief Petty Officer Charles Thacker who lost his life to this disease.
Lord, show the Church how to operate like these members of the Navy did. They have been disciplined to get a job done that they never expected. They have kept a good attitude, even though confined and bored. They have leaned on and looked out for one another’s well-being. They have done all that they can do to get everyone back on board and back to their mission. We need these characteristics of compassion, discipline, and unity. The Church needs to get back to its mission of expanding the Gospel of the Kingdom in our realms of influence. We need to drop competitiveness and criticism of leaders and of one another, so we can move forward as one. Grant us the grace and the passion we need so Jesus can be seen in us. Amen.
Our U.S. Navy is an example of persistence and bravery in the midst of adversity.