Is This the One?
“Through the Church, the manifold wisdom of God is made known to the rulers and authorities at work today (Ephesians 3:10). This is the role of intercessors. This is why and how we pray for the nation. Many organizations and Christian leaders that I respect have endorsed Judge Kavanaugh for very sound reasons: He is a textualist and originalist; he is strong on the Second Amendment, administrative law, and religious liberty; he is an intellectual leader as a jurist. A few Christian leaders that I respect have expressed concern for his appointment: he is part of the establishment; he may be unwilling to reverse Roe v. Wade; prophecies have (raised a question as to whether) he may have a spirit of Absalom, a spirit that would usurp the ways of God. We desire to hear from the Lord in this manner, as we always do. As we listen to the Spirit in our own hearts and consider prophetic words, we need to test and verify every ‘word’ we receive.” (Dave Kubal)1
“Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” (Romans 13:1; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer (Dave Kubal)1:
- Declare God’s sovereignty over this process, that He is more powerful than any committee, any hearing, any conglomerated media effort, etc.
- Pray for the revealing of Judge Kavanaugh’s views about critical issues. We need to pray that Judge Kavanaugh’s past decisions would be clearly understood in order to anticipate accurately how future decisions could be made. In particular, God’s heart is for the protection of the unborn, so we must pray that the new Supreme Court Justice will be a person open to the reversal of Roe v. Wade.
- Protection of senators from outside influences. Targeted millions of dollars will be spent in the next few months in attempts to sway specific senators in this process by getting constituents to pressure their senators. In addition to this public pressure, there will be personal pressure on these same senators.
- We must pray that our senators have a strong sense of the fear of God instead of the fear of man.
- Pray that the anti-life/anti-God mainstream and social media would be stifled.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we declare that You are more powerful than any committee, any hearing, any conglomerated media effort or any other human decision-making body in our government. You are sovereign and able to ensure that Your choice is seated on the Court. As Judge Kavanaugh goes through the process, reveal his heart and thinking on critical issues. Don’t leave our well-meaning senators in the dark. We really want to know if he stands fully for Life. Protect the senators from bribes and deals that outside influencers may try to make with them. This is an abomination to you, as well as to us. Place the fear of the Lord on them, instead. And, Jesus, shut the mouth of the media! They are really stirring a very ugly pot of divisiveness and control. Thank you, Lord. Amen.
God is sovereign over the Justices that will sit on the Supreme Court!
1 Learn more about Dave Kubal and Intercessors for America here.
Filling Up Empty Seats
We all know by now that there is one available seat on the Supreme Court of the United States, which is being vacated by retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy. Not many of us, however, realize that 17% of all federal court judicial seats are empty. This is a significant number. Just like the Supreme Court justices, all of these judges serve for life, so seating this many judges can have a great impact long into the future. President Trump has been quietly filling all of those empty seats with conservative judges. The Supreme Court hears 70-75 cases a year. The federal appeals courts hear up to 50,000 cases in a year. It is easy to see that cases are often finally decided in the lower Federal Courts of Appeals. “On a number of important constitutional and statutory cases, they’re often the last word,” John Malcolm, director of the Meese Center for Judicial Studies at the Heritage Foundation, says. “So, the people who sit on those courts can have a very large impact on the direction of the law.”1
“And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.” (Isaiah 11:2; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- President Trump made a campaign promise he is fulfilling. He promised to seat constitutionally conservative judges on America’s federal courts. Thank the Lord for presidential promises kept.
- Pray that every judge called forth by God for this moment in history is placed in their exact right place in the nation’s courts.
- Intercede for the Senators confirming those to be seated on federal court benches. Pray that the character of these judges is such that opposing senators are not able to impede the progress being made.
- Ask God for yet another generation of righteous lawyers raised up and made ready for future federal court vacancies.
- If you are a Christian attorney, fear the Lord and live your life, so you could possibly be one of our nation’s future judges.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, thank you again for a president who is keeping a campaign promise to fill the 17% vacancy rate on our federal court benches with righteous judges. May President Trump and his team find every single one of those who have been prepared by You to fill those seats. We want our judicial system to honor You at every level, all the way up to the Supreme Court. Let the nominees’ character and judicial activities be without reproach, Jesus, so they cannot be logically rejected. Let young, Christian attorneys be made sensitive to Holy Spirit, living God-fearing lives and studying to show themselves approved. Our nation will need them some day. May the way be made open for their futures in the nation’s federal court system, all the way to the top! In Jesus’ name, amen.
The U.S. judiciary will be set for a generation by President Donald Trump.
1 Farivar, Masood, “Trump Quietly Reshapes US Judiciary”. VOANews.com, 7/2/18. Accessed 7/11/18.
God’s Glory in Our Nation’s Capital
America will be filled with the Glory of God! The Glory is coming to the White House and the entire Executive Branch. The fear of the Lord will fall on the nation’s leadership again! The Glory is coming back to Capitol Hill. The Lord will cause Congress to be known as a tabernacle of truth again. The Glory of God will be visited upon the Supreme Court and all nine Justices. Righteousness and truth will prevail in our Court once again. Glory, glory, glory, Lord! Visit Washington, D.C., with Your Glory! Glory of God, come! Kingdom of God, come! Will of God, be done in Washington, D.C., even as it is in heaven!
“So the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.” (2 Chronicles 5:14; WBT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Welcome the Lord’s glory into the White House and Executive Branch of our government. Declare, “The fear of the Lord is falling on all of those in the Executive Branch!”
- Welcome the Lord’s glory into the Capitol—into the Senate and House of Representatives. Declare, “The Lord will cause Congress to be known as a tabernacle of truth again.”
- Welcome the Lord’s glory into the Supreme Court. Declare, “The Supreme Court Justices will so sense Your Presence in the Court, Holy Spirit, that they will be compelled to rule righteously!”
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we welcome Your glory back to our halls of government! We, the people, ask You to pour out Your weighty glory on the White House, the Congress, and the Supreme Court! Let the President and Vice President and all of the cabinet members be undone by Your presence in Cabinet meetings. Just as the priests could not stand to minister in the Old Testament, Lord, let Your glory so fill Congress that they’ll have a hard time conducting business, because Your Glory is so weighty there. Let the Supreme Court Justices so sense Your Presence in the Court once again that they are compelled to rule righteously! May all glory be unto the Lamb, Jesus, our Christ! Amen.
Let God’s Glory come to America’s halls of government!