Freedom For All
Tomorrow, we will celebrate Independence Day. It is America’s “birthday” and the beginning of what was to become one of the strongest and most free nations in the modern world. From that day until this one, we struggle to remain a free society. “Freedom” has not been a given for all of our citizens over the years, however. That has really been an unfolding over time. I don’t mean to simplify this, but why did it take from July 4th, 1776 all the way to July 2, 1964 to sign the Civil Rights Act guaranteeing non-white persons and women equality in the workplace in America. Wasn’t all that already stated in the Declaration of Independence and affirmed in the Constitution of the United States of America, defined even more clearly over time by various Amendments added to the latter document to reinforce the intent? Sadly, fallen human nature redefines “people” in order to oppress certain persons they want to exploit – or remove from society. Freedom for all, means freedom for every single citizen! We can limit unrighteous behavior via our laws, but a person is a person, like it or not. A person is a person from conception to the grave and tomorrow we will celebrate the freedom of all! Because, Jesus loves us all!
“Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.” (1 Peter 2:16; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Christians should be the most free people in a free nation, because we can live free from sin’s traps in our lives. Rejoice!
- Pray for any person or people group you can think of that is not experiencing civic freedom in the United States today. There are still injustices from time to time.
- Pray for the lost around you—family, friends, neighbors, and others you may see as you go about your day. Pray that they find true freedom in the salvation of Jesus Christ.
- Intercede for those who want freedom and acceptance for their ungodly or unrighteous behaviors. They don’t understand that civic freedom will not bring freedom to their hearts and minds. Only Jesus’ power and love can do that.
- Pray for the ending of abortion in America and the protection of life for our pre-born citizens.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we as the people of the United States of America, aspire to be truly free! We know the only true freedom will come from knowing Jesus Christ, Your magnificent Son. Our national freedom is like frosting on the cake to those of us who know Jesus. We would that everyone living here would come to know You. Help the Ekklesia know how to live fully in the freedom granted us in Your Kingdom and in our national governing documents. Let unrighteousness be turned back at the gates. I ask that the same guarantee of freedom under the Constitution be extended to the pre-born. Let that affirmation come quickly, Lord, Jesus. Let us love like You love and share that loving freedom with everyone we come in contact with. May America become more “free” every day. Amen!
Freedom in Christ is true national freedom!
Another Victory for Religious Freedom!
“A federal district court is blocking the federal government from enforcing the Obama abortion-pill mandate against Christian colleges in Indiana and California. ‘After reconsideration of their position, defendants with the federal government now agree that enforcement of the rules regarding the contraceptive mandate against employers with sincerely held religious objections would violate the RFRA (Religious Freedom Restoration Act) …’ the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, South Bend Division, wrote in its order in Grace Schools v. Azar. The Obama-era mandate forces employers, regardless of their religious or moral convictions, to provide abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception through their health plans under threat of heavy penalties. The Department of Justice, under the Trump administration, abandoned its defense of the flawed mandate… ‘Monday’s order fully affirms that freedom and provides permanent protection from the mandate,’ said ADF Senior Counsel Gregory S. Baylor. ‘These schools no longer have to fear being forced to pay fines for simply abiding by the Christian beliefs they teach and espouse…’ Another federal district court issued a similar order last month for four Christian universities in Oklahoma.”1
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Our courts are turning! Rejoice and thank the Lord!
- Notice that the federal government defendants reversed their own position! Thank the Lord that He is turning hearts toward righteousness in our government.
- Thank the Lord that our government is choosing Life! Ask God for His blessing on our nation, as a result.
- Pray for Christian colleges, churches, businesses, and agencies to become aware of this decision, so they can renegotiate the terms of their health insurance options and make sure they are not inadvertently still funding abortion through their premiums.
- Ask God to restore all funds lost to these schools from having to pursue this in court for years.
A prayer you can pray:
Wow, God! Persistence of these colleges has paid off, and even the federal government is now acknowledging that they cannot force Christian organizations to provide abortion options through the mandatory insurance they must provide their staff. God, bless America, as our government chooses life! Thank you that these schools pursued this until the government saw its error and decided “schools should no longer have to fear being forced to pay fines for simply abiding by the Christian beliefs they teach and espouse.” Restore the funds they lost as they fought for their religious freedom, which now affects us all. In fact, other Christian ministries and churches and schools should give them an offering for spearheading this cause for Christ! In the glorious name of Jesus, amen.
The government is having a change of heart and religious freedom is being restored to America!
1 Warren, Steve, “Federal Court Orders End of Abortion Pill Mandate at These Christian Colleges”. cbnnews.com, 6/6/18. Accessed 6/6/18.