Is This the One?
“Through the Church, the manifold wisdom of God is made known to the rulers and authorities at work today (Ephesians 3:10). This is the role of intercessors. This is why and how we pray for the nation. Many organizations and Christian leaders that I respect have endorsed Judge Kavanaugh for very sound reasons: He is a textualist and originalist; he is strong on the Second Amendment, administrative law, and religious liberty; he is an intellectual leader as a jurist. A few Christian leaders that I respect have expressed concern for his appointment: he is part of the establishment; he may be unwilling to reverse Roe v. Wade; prophecies have (raised a question as to whether) he may have a spirit of Absalom, a spirit that would usurp the ways of God. We desire to hear from the Lord in this manner, as we always do. As we listen to the Spirit in our own hearts and consider prophetic words, we need to test and verify every ‘word’ we receive.” (Dave Kubal)1
“Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” (Romans 13:1; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer (Dave Kubal)1:
- Declare God’s sovereignty over this process, that He is more powerful than any committee, any hearing, any conglomerated media effort, etc.
- Pray for the revealing of Judge Kavanaugh’s views about critical issues. We need to pray that Judge Kavanaugh’s past decisions would be clearly understood in order to anticipate accurately how future decisions could be made. In particular, God’s heart is for the protection of the unborn, so we must pray that the new Supreme Court Justice will be a person open to the reversal of Roe v. Wade.
- Protection of senators from outside influences. Targeted millions of dollars will be spent in the next few months in attempts to sway specific senators in this process by getting constituents to pressure their senators. In addition to this public pressure, there will be personal pressure on these same senators.
- We must pray that our senators have a strong sense of the fear of God instead of the fear of man.
- Pray that the anti-life/anti-God mainstream and social media would be stifled.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we declare that You are more powerful than any committee, any hearing, any conglomerated media effort or any other human decision-making body in our government. You are sovereign and able to ensure that Your choice is seated on the Court. As Judge Kavanaugh goes through the process, reveal his heart and thinking on critical issues. Don’t leave our well-meaning senators in the dark. We really want to know if he stands fully for Life. Protect the senators from bribes and deals that outside influencers may try to make with them. This is an abomination to you, as well as to us. Place the fear of the Lord on them, instead. And, Jesus, shut the mouth of the media! They are really stirring a very ugly pot of divisiveness and control. Thank you, Lord. Amen.
God is sovereign over the Justices that will sit on the Supreme Court!
1 Learn more about Dave Kubal and Intercessors for America here.
Flailing at Windmills
What did we tell you? This nation is so politically divided that fear and craziness are out in full force! We are talking about the Supreme Court Justice nomination. It doesn’t matter who has been nominated, as we will show you. All that matters is each “side” hates the other and petticoats are showing. “Case in point, the zealots at the Women’s March issued a press release (Monday) night slamming Trump’s pick — whose name they forgot to add! Instead, the statement went out with ‘XX’ where the word ‘Kavanaugh’ should have been, proving that they would have repeated the same garbage no matter who was nominated. The liberal group Democracy for America sent out another embarrassing statement with fill-in-the-blank opposition, assuring people that ‘DFA will fight Kavanaugh,’ because ‘she represents a generational assault on justice, freedom, core democratic values.’”1 This battle is not about a person. It is about the nation’s destiny. We need no more proof than the statements above.
“The righteous hate the wicked, and the wicked hate the righteous.” (Proverbs 29:27; GNT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Declare that God’s plan will not be stopped!
- Stop and feel compassion for those who are looking pretty foolish right now.
- Someone has to take the high road. As Christ-followers, we have to be the ones who do. Intercede for those who don’t understand.
- Pray God graces our nation with unity and peace that only He can give.
A prayer you can pray:
I decree that the plan that You have for America has been put in motion and nothing will be able to stop it! No man, no opinion of man, no ranting, no raving, no attempt at reputation-tarnishing, and no wrong choices, will adjust Your plan one iota. God, You are God and You are on the move! I feel so sorry for those that are showing their true colors. There are those who are so angry at the current decisions being made that they have been blinded to truth. They aren’t even being careful, as they simply react. The enemy is driving them into fear of the unknown. Let Your Church stand firm and peaceful in this sea of nonsense. Let us stand firm in faith and watch the salvation of our nation. Heal our country as only You can, Jesus—with Your grace and peace. Amen.
God is setting the destiny of America!
1 Perkins, Tony, “About That Kavanaugh Nomination…” FRC.org, 7/10/18. Accessed 7/12/18.